Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal?

I have started to use real time weather settings where it downloads the weather every 15mins but i have now noticed that everytime i have to change to a different ATC when flying an IFR route it used to say "ALT 2992" now it can be anything from 2989-2997 if this is correct do i alter my altimeter to suit?

Hope i explained this correct

Cheers
    Alan

Yep, that's kinda normal. Above FL180 it should be 29.91 or 29.92 I think!

That will help out abit better.

Comment

Yeap at FL180 you always reset it back to 2992 (just press "b"). There are some issues with it in Dubai area in FS thou o.0

Comment

You shouldn't even be given an altimeter setting if above transition altitude (which in FS is always FL180, even though it varies country to country in the real wold) unless you're descending and cleared below FL180. Above transition altitude, your altimeter should always be set to 29.92in/1013qnh. Below that, use the last local altimeter setting provided by ATC.
        Trump is an idiot!
        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

thx guys thats what i meant it was while i was doing a trip to LIRF when i started the decent below FL180 plus what i heard with other ATC chat to other aircraft i knew i didnt explain correctly lol its a lot more fun now i know how to land them properly.

Cheers
          Alan

Comment

Working...
          X