Computer Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Problems

Basically, I uninstalled my FS2004 so that I could kind of start over in adding scenery/aircraft, etc. It just got to insane on my computer. I got half way through the uninstall process and it just quit. So now I have half the program still on my computer and nothing will take it off. I can't uninstall it, and i cant reinstall and overwrite the files that are still on there. Is there something I can do that will just totally clean off my whole computer of bad crap, which will in turn let me reinstall flight sim again?

I'm no expert but I suppose you could try: My Computer, C Drive, Program Files and deleting the Microsoft Games folder which FS2004 is in?

Might not work but it's worth a shot.

Dale

Comment

You might also try control panel->add/remove programs->FS2004 remove

Btw post # 1666

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
        You might also try control panel->add/remove programs->FS2004 remove

Btw post # 1666
        That won't work either, he says it was already corrupted to the point he can't uninstall what left of it.

However, thing is, I'm not sure why you say you can't reinstall it? If you reinstall, it will overwrite all the crap, then you can start the uninstall process from the start again. If you can't reinstall FS again, you really have issues on your hands.

Personally, if it gets to the point of stuff just exiting randomly, it's time for a format and fresh start.

Comment

what is reformatting and how do you do it? Will it clean up my computer?

Comment

Yeah it get's rid of all the data you had stored on your system disk/particion. You just put your Windows CD in your drive and follow the instrctions to instal new windows. make sure you have a back up of all your drivers.

Comment

OK i was able to finally get it installed now. I have no idea how I got it to work, but I did. My next problem comes with trying to re-install my Overland Airbus package. I no longer have my serial number, but need it for the installation. Is there a way to retrieve it on my computer somewhere? The Overland website is Japanese and I have a tough time finding a support page. Any ideas folks?? Thanks for your help so far!

Comment

Wierd. I got my Overland package without the serial number. Well just try to maybe contact Overland via e-mail.

Comment

Awesome, I emailed them and got it all figured out! thanks for all your help, I'm so stupid when it comes to FS

Comment

Working...
                  X