New Hard Drive/Frame Rate Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hard Drive/Frame Rate Issue

I just got a new hard drive, and my FS2004 is giving me really bad frames when I'm on the ground at any airport, big or small. Before my new hard drive FS2004 worked fine with very good frames, so I know my computer can handle it. What can I do to my frames back up to par?

I may have fixed it. I just turned off anti-aliasing and I'm getting great FPS. My new question is am I losing anything by turning anti-aliasing off?

Comment

You aren't losing anything other than visual quality. Your game will appear more jagged.

Comment

Try activating the anti-aliasing on your graphics card settings, not in FS2004. I did this and gained alot of FPS.

Comment

Yep, whenever possible, turn AA and AF on in your vid card settings, rather than in the game. In-game uses memory and CPU resources, while enabling it on your vid card control panel uses vid card resources...
          ________
          Starcraft Ii Replay

Comment

where do i do this?

Comment

Right click mouse on your desktop and go to the settings tab. Then go o advanced and look for graphics card settings. Set Anti Alliasing to max. Then go to FS and go to settings-visual. Turn the AA off. You should get 10 more FPS on average.

Comment

Great, I got the anti-aliasing issue fixed, here's a couple new questions... What should Anisotropic Filtering be set as? Also should the force mip maps be trilinear or bilinear?

Comment

AF at usually 4x-8x

Mip-mapping always Trilinear.
                  ________
                  VAPORIZERS

Comment

Working...
                  X