All I said WOW!! New ATC annoucement changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I said WOW!! New ATC annoucement changes

Last night, I installed EditVoicePack to add new update airline call signs and also update FSUIPC. I don't really know which was change for update ATC. LOL! I just started flight today. I notice new annoucment ATIS no more "barometer" now is "QHN" and I heard ATC talked to AI traffic "Pacifica 555, departure to 120.55, bye bye". ATC said, "Pacifica 555, Chicago control, be with you, Good day." You'll notice some changes annoucement. It is nice to statement add-on. Now, you hear that Tower said, "United 555, clear to land runway 32L, wind 310 at 7, Chicago tower." Add-on wind weather info. That's cool. Sometimes I need to know what wind direction before I get touchdown because it is important to control drift the plane before I disconnect autopilot. I hate to do press shift + Z see the info and press 2 more times to turn off caption. Now, I don't have to do that anymore!! I can hear tower tells me wind direction! That's great! Pretty cool, eh? Have you notice changes ATC?

Cheers,

Stuart

Ya, pretty dandy little addon.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Or, you could join VATSIM...

Comment

VATSIM no, I can't do that. I cannot hear them and I don't hear everything that I'm hearing impaired. All I need to read captioned message. It helps so much to me.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Big777jet
          VATSIM no, I can't do that. I cannot hear them and I don't hear everything that I'm hearing impaired. All I need to read captioned message. It helps so much to me.

Stuart
          You can communicate with text on VATSIM too.

Comment

Hmm, really? I never seen this before I haven't seen screenshot with VATSIM before. All I know I have read about other forums that someone is using mic and headphone all the time. It looks like walkie talkie each others. I don't know that now. I don't know how to set up VATSIM and install. Wasn't that hard or difficult to installing? How much bytes this program? I don't want to get too big BYTES in my FS.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Big777jet
              Hmm, really? I never seen this before I haven't seen screenshot with VATSIM before. All I know I have read about other forums that someone is using mic and headphone all the time. It looks like walkie talkie each others. I don't know that now. I don't know how to set up VATSIM and install. Wasn't that hard or difficult to installing? How much bytes this program? I don't want to get too big BYTES in my FS.

Stuart
              VATSIM isn't a program, it's a community. However, to connect, you need to download a program called squawkbox and the FSUIPC module.
              To learn everything you need to know, visit: www.vatsim.net .
              Let me know if you have more questions.
              Mitch

Comment

Yes, VATSIM is completely text-friendly. Granted many pilots will use the mic, but a lot of the time there is no controller in the sector and all airmen will be typing it out. It beats the hell out of FS any day!
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Yeah sure I'll join vatsim, and have some 16 year old in Canada who knows fuck all about air traffic control tell me when to land...

This seems like a cool addon however, although I'd rather not have them talking about QNH since I do most of my flying in the US. Also, controllers rarely readback their tower name when issuing instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                    Yeah sure I'll join vatsim, and have some 16 year old in Canada who knows fuck all about air traffic control tell me when to land...

This seems like a cool addon however, although I'd rather not have them talking about QNH since I do most of my flying in the US. Also, controllers rarely readback their tower name when issuing instructions.
                    In my experience ground control does some of the time at KLOU. Probably only happens at little hick airports though.

Comment

...some 16 year old in Canada...

I hope that wasn't directed at me

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                        I hope that wasn't directed at me

Nope, more in general. I'd love VATSIM if it had people who actually were good ATC on board, but in my experience that is very rare.

Comment

BTW I downloaded this mod and I love it. I sped up the ATC speed so they talk alot faster, and they call out wind speed when landing and departing which is awesome.

Comment

BTW I downloaded this mod and I love it. I sped up the ATC speed so they talk alot faster, and they call out wind speed when landing and departing which is awesome.
                            But do you still have problems with them clearing like 10 planes onto the same runway as you?

Comment

Nope, more in general. I'd love VATSIM if it had people who actually were good ATC on board, but in my experience that is very rare.
                              You must not fly in ZJX often, then. The training staff there are studying ATC currently at ERAU. I'd say that that is qualified for a simulation network.

Comment

Working...
                              X