Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft Selection Problem

Howdy folks,

I have five Corsair jumbos on flightsim: F-HKIS, F-HLOV, F-HSEA, F-HSEX, F-SUN. I have seperate aircraft folders for each reg as it won't let me put them all in the same one by the way. F-HKIS is the default one, meaning it's also the one which I used to create (paint the correct reg's on each a/c etc) the other four with.

All five show up on the aircraft selection in the menu whilst creating a flight, that's all good. However, let's say for example I want to fly F-HSEX, I choose it from the drop down menu and click okay. After I've clicked okay, the aircraft that I can see has F-HKIS painted on the side of the aircraft and not F-HSEX like I just selected, yet in the aircraft selection field it will read 'Boeing 747-400 F-HSEX,' so it does know what I'm talking about.

Now, if I click 'fly now' and go to the menu bar at the top then, aircraft > select aircraft I can choose F-HSEX from the menu again it will re-load with F-HSEX, like I asked it to do in the first place.

How can this be?

Here's the aircraft.cfg file for each of them:

[fltsim.0]
    title=BOEING 747-400 PW CORSAIR
    sim=747-400-PW-PW4060
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=F-HKIS
    checklists=
    atc_airline=Corsair
    atc_flight_number=960
    ui_manufacturer=Boeing
    ui_type=747-400
    ui_variation=F-HKIS
    visual_damage=1
    atc_heavy=1
    atc_id=F-HKIS
    description=

[fltsim.0]
    sim=747-400-PW-PW4060
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=F-HSEX
    checklists=
    atc_airline=Corsair
    atc_flight_number=960
    ui_manufacturer=Boeing
    ui_type=747-400
    ui_variation=F-HSEX
    visual_damage=1
    atc_heavy=1
    atc_id=F-HSEX
    description=

I've tried several ways to fix it but now I'm really running out of ideas as to what it could be and how to fix it. This happens with all four jumbos by the way, not just F-HSEX.

I'd be very grateful if any of you could help me out on this one. Many thanks in advance.

Dale

Why don't you try again download from the site? Get the right texture each time you download and install one a time then do other next one. Do not do all textures at the same time, maybe it confuses you or computer system not sure how it happens to you. Hope it works out.

Happy 4th!

Stuart

PS -- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I caught it! You typed error not fltsim.0 and repeat next fltsim.0 you must seperated fltsim.0 then other fltsim.1 then other fltsim.2 then go on.... It will be fine after you edit fltsim.# ok?

Comment

It's not that. As I've already stated, I have to have a different folder for each aircraft, meaning they all have their own. I've tried putting them all in the same one and doing the [fltsim.0] and [fltsim.1] thing but for some reason all of the aircraft except F-HKIS aren't even on the selection menu afterwards.

Dale

Comment

Why don't you print out the aircraft.cfg to send me email? I will double check if any there error or missing. Or you could email me with attach file "aircraft.cfg" I will be more happy to help you with that.

Later,

Stuart

Comment

Two of the aircraft.cfg files are in my first post. Here are the other three:

[fltsim.0]
          sim=747-400-PW-PW4060
          model=
          panel=
          sound=
          texture=F-HLOV
          checklists=
          atc_airline=Corsair
          atc_flight_number=960
          ui_manufacturer=Boeing
          ui_type=747-400
          ui_variation=F-HLOV
          visual_damage=1
          atc_heavy=1
          atc_id=F-HLOV
          description=

[fltsim.0]
          sim=747-400-PW-PW4060
          model=
          panel=
          sound=
          texture=F-HSEA
          checklists=
          atc_airline=Corsair
          atc_flight_number=960
          ui_manufacturer=Boeing
          ui_type=747-400
          ui_variation=F-HSEA
          visual_damage=1
          atc_heavy=1
          atc_id=F-HSEA
          description=

[fltsim.0]
          sim=747-400-PW-PW4060
          model=
          panel=
          sound=
          texture=F-HSUN
          checklists=
          atc_airline=corsair
          atc_flight_number=960
          ui_manufacturer=Boeing
          ui_type=747-400
          ui_variation=F-HSUN
          visual_damage=1
          atc_heavy=0
          atc_id=F-HSUN
          description=

That should be everything you need in order to find a fault.

Thanks,

Dale

Comment

This is probably a silly question, but are your textures in the same folder?

Comment

That's not a silly question, but yes they are Tim. That was one of the first things that came across my mind too but then I thought - if they weren't in there, then I wouldn't be able to select the aircraft/texture that I wanted in the first place once I've clicked 'fly now,' instead the fuselage would just be blank/chrome.

Dale

Comment

Hey,

I think there is conflict computer system cannot see them.

Here's edit change to:

[fltsim.0]
                title=BOEING 747-400 PW (CONSAIR F-HLOV)
                sim=747-400-PW-PW4060
                model=
                panel=
                sound=
                texture=F-HLOV
                checklists=
                atc_airline=Corsair
                atc_flight_number=960
                ui_manufacturer=Boeing
                ui_type=747-400
                ui_variation=F-HLOV
                visual_damage=1
                atc_heavy=1
                atc_id=F-HLOV
                description=

[fltsim.0]
                title=BOEING 747-400 PW (CONSAIR F-HSEA)
                sim=747-400-PW-PW4060
                model=
                panel=
                sound=
                texture=F-HSEA
                checklists=
                atc_airline=Corsair
                atc_flight_number=960
                ui_manufacturer=Boeing
                ui_type=747-400
                ui_variation=F-HSEA
                visual_damage=1
                atc_heavy=1
                atc_id=F-HSEA
                description=

[fltsim.0]
                title=BOEING 747-400 PW (CORSAIR F-SUN)
                sim=747-400-PW-PW4060
                model=
                panel=
                sound=
                texture=F-HSUN
                checklists=
                atc_airline=corsair
                atc_flight_number=960
                ui_manufacturer=Boeing
                ui_type=747-400
                ui_variation=F-HSUN
                visual_damage=1
                atc_heavy=0
                atc_id=F-HSUN
                description=

Please use ( ) so that's help to seperate quote airline and reg or color example: Delta 2007, Delta NNC, Delta OC that's different texture required. If you put the same airline name it won't work show up. My theory. I think try to change all (Consair H-LOV) goes on... OK Hope it works for the last time! Big Grin!!!

Stuart

Comment

Stu has it I think, and hope. haha

Your best bet is to group all of the aircraft into one .cfg file, if you dont know how or need help, I can do it for you.

I group all my aircraft in one folder, so all my 757's are in one folder (with all the .air and .mdl files), A320s, DC-10s... etc...

At the top where it says Title, they can same the SAME thing in the aircraft.cfg file, but be two, totally different aircraft. You have to have changes in this in the aircraft.cfg when using multiple aircraft in one folder. I suggest just grouping all of them in one 747 folder, therefore saving time, space, and ease of use.

Ive played around with aircraft.cfg files a lot, you can make them do some crazy crap. I have it so that, for instance, my A320's are all in one folder. Air Canada and JetBlue all in one folder. Even though they are two, totally different models, they can still run. You just simply have to point the .cfg in the right direction.

Panel and Sound .cfgs are fun too. I point them in the direction of a folder called 'Airbus' or 'Boeing', and this is where all the panel files are, and sound files. That way, the A300 and A310 (not to mention A310-200 and -300) run off ONE panel file and one panel file only, not two. Same with the sounds. So instead of me making 4 copies of the Ken Mitchell A320 panel for the A32X family, I have one, and all 4 run off one panel and sound. It is a simple, fast, and efficient way of using FS.
                  -Kevin

Comment

ACman,

Yeah, I agreed with you same here. I like to save space and one folder with 1 or more model so you could edit model=Md83 or model=cone or blank it depends varies airlines have model type. Sometimes it tricks me hard to find what's missing and I have to think and try to figure it out. I have been trying hard so found it then it works. It is very complicated. LOL! It's fun to edit and learn computer system. hehe

Stuart

PS-
                    I hope Dale's computer FS folder working right soon. I haven't hear from Dale yet. Maybe weekend is busy for him.

Comment

Looking at those cfg files if you do what stu has said i dont see any reason why you cant group them all in to one Folder with 1 cfg file i have done this with all my Posky and iFDG stuff

Alan

Comment

It's worked I had a feeling it was something simple like that too. It's now also enabled me to put all five aircraft textures and .cfg files into one folder and select each one from the menu without any problems, saving me a very much needed 70MB.

Many thanks for your help Stu!

Cheers,

Dale

Comment

Dale-

Horray! I'm glad you got them. I'm glad that worked. Enjoy flying! My pleasure very welcome my help.

Stuart

Comment

Working...
                          X