FRF MSP Scenery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRF MSP Scenery

Hey guys, I need some help! I was curious how I can modify FRF's MSP scenery to make it easier on frames. It's weird that it hurts my frames so much considering their studio name is "frame rate friendly." I have a bunch of flytampa's products installed and they work with barely any hit to the framerates. Can anyone help me out with this? I already tried turning the traffic down but it doesn't help.

Perhaps turn some of it's features off ?

Comment

like what features and how do I do that?

Comment

I dunno. I don't have that scenery but if there's an option to turn off any part of scenery during installation, do so.

Comment

Probably turn down the Scenery Density in the main FS settings.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

If you turn it down density. I found out that Charlotte airport has one missing concourse building with standing jetways. It looks so funny. I was pissed off. I have no idea why missing building. When I turned density went up. It came back concourse building shows up. Well, if you turn it down. You won't see many building show up that's a bad thing!

Stuart

Comment

Here's another interesting twist... Somedays my FS will run great with amazing frames, even the FRF MSP scenery. Other days, my frames will suffer greatly. It will just happen randomly even if I don't modify anything. Any reasons for this?

Comment

Originally posted by nwaA330
                Here's another interesting twist... Somedays my FS will run great with amazing frames, even the FRF MSP scenery. Other days, my frames will suffer greatly. It will just happen randomly even if I don't modify anything. Any reasons for this?
                Hmmm maybe it depends if you have any other programs running or anything.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by nwaA330
                  Option #1:
                  Ctrl+Alt+Del -> Check how many processes running (should be around 21). Turn off thsoe taht show the biggest CPU usage percentage (which is usually more than 0%). Turn off those that have most memory usage. Make sure other stuff like iTunes, MSN Messenger, Skype etc is not running. Even BearShare or BitLord will slow your FS down.

Option #2:
                  Start -> Run -> msconfig (type that). Then go to "Startup" and turn everything off. Reset your PC and you should be good.

Option #3:
                  Turn Anti Aliasing off in the game. They kill FPS like crazy. Turn AA on in GFX settings !

Option #4:
                  Turn your AI down to like 50% or even less.

Option #5:
                  Don't use Active Sky cause it used to slow my FS down by like 2-3 FPS.

Comment

AIM, MSN messenger absolutely kill performance in FS, even with my computer it does it. With FSX right now without it I get anywhere between 17 and 95 FPS, typically stays in the 30's for me, but with AIM or MSN running it drops to 8-40 FPS.

Comment

The best thing to do is...

Buy or if you have a laptop and get network cable to the modem or router or wireless from your laptop. Use laptop for internet, google earth tracking your flight, AIM, or MSN instant messages etc. While your PC is running FS is much better runs. I do that all the time I have laptop to use anything else and my PC FS is running very well.

Stuart

Comment

Check your system tray. Turn off anything you do not need running. If you dont need it to run, turn off your virus protection it will kill your frame rate.

Otherwise increase ram.
                        Ta.....AAA203
                        You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

Working...
                        X