Graphics Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Card

Can anyone give me a link for a free graphics card?
    BH Airlines A319

You can not download a graphics card. It is a hardware component that you put into your computer and plug you monitor into. The better the card, the more space it takes, more energy eats. My 8800 has a separate power input and it's own cooling fan. Cheapper cards do not always require separate input or fans. Card prices vary from $50 to $500.
    An example of a graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 8800):

Comment

Ohhh,never mind than.

I need to geta job hahah.
      BH Airlines A319

Comment

Hah. Your computer probably came with an intergrated graphics card. They'r usually crap but better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
          Hah. Your computer probably came with an intergrated graphics card. They'r usually crap but better than nothing.
          I have a Sony Vaio,do you know what the graphics is on my computer?
          BH Airlines A319

Comment

My old computer didn't come with an integrated graphics card. I had to buy a new graphics card to get FSX to work. My new computer DOES have an integrated graphics card. My new comp.'s card is the same as my old one's. I am currently looking at a large graphics card.

I wish I worked for Delta
            AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

Asmir, what series ? It might be a 855GME.

Comment

Asmir, what series ? It might be a 855GME.

Ummm i dont know where do i find it?
                BH Airlines A319

Comment

Hmm go to control panel -> system and tell me everything you can read there.
                  Or. flip your laptop up side down and tell me what it says on the stickers.

Comment

Ummm i dont know where do i find it?
                    You really need to learn a thing or two about computers because it's quite obvious you don't know what you need or want. Google is your friend.

Change the usually to always, and you have true statement. Also, if you had nothing, you wouldn't be able to display anything on a monitor.

Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
                    My old computer didn't come with an integrated graphics card. I had to buy a new graphics card to get FSX to work. My new computer DOES have an integrated graphics card. My new comp.'s card is the same as my old one's. I am currently looking at a large graphics card.
                    You are also confused. First of all how can your new computer have an integrated graphics card that's the same as the one in your old computer, if your old computer didn't have an integrated card to begin with? And secondly, if you had to buy a new dedicated card for your old computer, why would you buy a new computer with something that sucked more than what you had replaced in your old computer to begin with. But then again, you bought an eMachines, so not really surprising. And what do you mean by large graphics card? Some of them are physically quite big, but that doesn't mean they'll perform any better, gotta know the specs and what everything means (and there's more to it then how much RAM the card has). And if you mean, that your going to replace your 256MB card with a 512MB one and believe that just upping the RAM is going to do wonders, you have another thing coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                      Change the usually to always, and you have true statement. Also, if you had nothing, you wouldn't be able to display anything on a monitor.
                      True. Had a moment of stupidity in my head

Comment

Not necesarily. I have had to turn off my video card drivers to install new ones-the monitor still displayed, however there was no fluid motion. I would scroll down on a webpage and rather than showing a continual page, it kept refreshing. That being said, any computer you buy without one in this day and age must be a complete POS.

Asmir, I don't know whether you just purchased your computer, but laptops aren't really cut out for high performance gaming and graphics. I have an Alienware M5500 with 1 GB ram and a nVidia 7600 Geforce video card and I am barely able to pull 20 FPS with decent settings. I was uneducated on how to outfit a computer for FSX at the time, and rather than spending $800 on a highly capable tower, I spent $1400 on a laptop that can barely get the job done. Your best bet is to hold off on the new card, keep the laptop for school, internet, etc (I plan on keeping mine as having a portable computer is great), maybe downgrading to FS9 for the time being, get educated on what you will need, and save up for a FSX (or maybe even 11) "supercomputer." I know that probably isn't the answer you wanted to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                          Not necesarily. I have had to turn off my video card drivers to install new ones-the monitor still displayed, however there was no fluid motion. I would scroll down on a webpage and rather than showing a continual page, it kept refreshing. That being said, any computer you buy without one in this day and age must be a complete POS.
                          If you didn't have any graphics card in your computer (be it integrated or dedicated), you wouldn't have a place to plug in the monitor...

Comment

If you didn't have any graphics card in your computer (be it integrated or dedicated), you wouldn't have a place to plug in the monitor...
                            Im on a laptop, and turning off the video drivers (which effectively render the card useless) still allowed me to use the computer. It is very possible that an older computer may not have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                              Im on a laptop, and turning off the video drivers (which effectively render the card useless) still allowed me to use the computer. It is very possible that an older computer may not have one.
                              Your laptop still has a video card... most of them are integrated but you can have a dedicated one for your laptop too, just depends on what you get. It connects differently on a laptop, but it's still a video card. Try going on a desktop and turn off/remove the video drivers, it will still work.
                              I don't know much about the old old stuff from the 80's or whatever, but anything that we are discussing here most certainly has a video card of some sort.

Comment

Working...
                              X