Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Um... Captain... I think we need new tires...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um... Captain... I think we need new tires...

...after this landing. Lufthansa Regional operated by Eurwings arriving at Munich airport as LH789 from Innsbruck, Austria. My smokiest landing ever.

No, I didn't crash

Dang,burning rubber.

Haha
    BH Airlines A319

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
      ...after this landing. Lufthansa Regional operated by Eurwings arriving at Munich airport as LH789 from Innsbruck, Austria. My smokiest landing ever.

No, I didn't crash

Did you forgot turn off the parking brake lever? How did it happen? I never seen like this before. LOL

Stuart

Comment

Hah honestly I didn't see that before either. I was coming down perfectly with a bit of wind. Stupid me forgot that I'm flying a damn CRJ200 instead of a usual 763. So I try to flare but instead of a nice flare I hover over the runway. So I tried to bring her down and smash on the runway. The result can be seen :S

Comment

The CRJ can be a bitch to land. Carry it in like 1 knot fast and you'll float down the whole runway.

Comment

I know. I had a lot of fun landing her in Innsbruck though. Barely stopped before the end of the runway...the descend was a b*tch though !

Comment

As far as the capture goes, its a great shot. Did you fly the approach from the outside or do you have a screen capture program?

Comment

Thanks
                Nah I'm an old schooler using the good old print screen button and MSPaint .
                I touchdown and saw like a cloud in front of me. So I pressed pause and changed the view to see what's going on. And that's what I saw :O

Comment

Just thought I would dump that one here.
                  This is a picture I took from my hotel room in Vienna just after arriving from Innsbruck.

Rainy and cloudy evening in Vienna. From what I see there are 3 Lauda Boeing 767-300; 1 Lauda Boeing 737-700; 1 Austrian Airbus A340-300; 1 Ukraine International Boeing 737-500; 1 Germanwings Airbus A319; 2 Austrian Airbus A320; 1 Austrian Airbus A321; 1 Unknown Airbus A319; 2 Austrian Arrows Dash Q400 (one of them brought me from LOWI) and 1 Austrian Arrows CRJ200 on the runway.
                  Time to relax and sleep. Tomorrow I'm finally flying to Zagreb and then Dubrovnik, Croatia

Comment

Working...
                  X