AFCAD Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFCAD Help

I've recently learnt how to use AFCAD, and when I'm creating a runway, I often wonder what's the most common approach lighting in use, and what is the best approach lighting available, also, how many approach strobes should I have?

Also, any general hints/tips would be useful.

Cheers!
    DTVAirport

First click on runway AFCAD open menu box then go click top of menu "LIGHTS" You'll see approach light select ALSF1, MALSR, SALS, etc..

Stuart

Comment

I know what I'm doing, I just don't understand all the different abbreviations, for instance, what's the difference between ALSF-1 and ALSF-2? What's the difference between VASI and PAPI? Which is better? etc...
      DTVAirport

Comment

Originally posted by DTVAirport
        I know what I'm doing, I just don't understand all the different abbreviations, for instance, what's the difference between ALSF-1 and ALSF-2? What's the difference between VASI and PAPI? Which is better? etc...
        OK.. That's good. Hmm, why don't you try click each lights features? Go back and fourth playing around. When you select lights ALSF1 and press "L" on your keyboard. You see night lights. You can see approach light what it looks like. Then get other select light so same thing repeat. You can understand what is like. You need to check airport data and what they have type of appch lights so you can edit select the right light for this place airport. You can check with http://www.the-airport-guide.com/search.php?by=country (click what airport you desire look for then find runway click it) OK?

Hope it helps.

Enjoy flying!

Stuart

Comment

ALSF1 and ALSF2 are high standard for bad weather condition better visual landing. SALS and MALS are not qualify to landing for bad weather but it is your own risk landing. You could try google search type PAPI and VASI 2 or VASI 4 etc... It will tell you detail what is for. USA and Europeans are some difference type of lights features. I don't think AFCAD can do for you special lights in Europe. It is too bad! Unless you download from website or AVSIM for Europe airport it may be including appch lights feature for Europe. I have noticed some of them there. Pretty cool to see Paris CDG. Do not try delete (europe only) appch lights and it will never come back. You have to re-install scenery or download it. Be careful!!

Stuart

Comment

Working...
          X