FAO Robert - repainting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Robert - repainting...

First of all you will need a paint program such as Photoshop or Paintshop pro (i prefer Photoshop myself but its around $1000!). Then you need a program to convert the aircraft texture files, in the aircraft/texture folder, into editable bitmaps - there should be plenty of things on flightsim sites, i cant recall any off the top of my head! You then edit the bitmaps to how you want, re-convert them using the converter program, and hey presto. Project opensky do some good paintkits, so maybe you could try one of those to start?

One of my amazing creations...

Hey, where in USA do you live - can i sail my boat over and visit? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ November 18, 2002 09:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Katamarino ]
    I walked across an empty land
    I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
    I felt the earth beneath my feet
    Sat by the river and it made me complete

Thanks for the information!!
    I'll have to check up on that.
    How long does it typically take to repaint??

I live near the coast and have a beach house so sail on! May take you a week or two.. [img]laff.gif[/img]

Comment

Repainting depends on the plane and the complexity which you'd like to repaint to, but its a fair few hours work! As much with the texture conversion as the actual painting. A tip - BACK UP EVERYTHING!!! ALL THE TIME!! AT EVERY STEP!! OVER AND OVER! Gottit? [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Oh yes, i'll need the latitude and longitude of the beach house, to point my GPS to [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[ November 18, 2002 06:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Katamarino ]
      I walked across an empty land
      I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
      I felt the earth beneath my feet
      Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Hello, I am also a painter. I paint for Jet Precision http://www.jet-precision.com

Painting is very easy, usually take 1 hour to 3 hours.. depends on what you are painting. You can make repaints look fantastic if you add shine and dirt with the paint brush and gausassian blur. if you need help contact me or add me to MSN [email protected]
        [center] Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net![center]

Comment

Working...
        X