Greatest Airliners 737-400 Professional Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Airliners 737-400 Professional Screenshots

I was just wondering if anybody has Greatest Airliners 737-400 Professional and if so what do you think of it? Also i was wondering if anybody has any screenshots?
    I'm getting this add-on at Christmas so I was just wondering what you all think of it.

Thanks

jmc_757-200 [img]heart.gif[/img] JMC

Enjoy Every Moment

JMC,

I don't believe I have any screenshots from this addon, as I haven't had time to devote to FS in awhile.

The addon, however, is first rate! Next to 767 PIC, it's the most enjoyable and realistic panel I've seen for Flight Sim! [img]nod.gif[/img]
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Here are some screenshots of the three best addons for FS2002: The Dream Fleet 737-400 panel/aircraft, the Wilco PIC 767 panel and the PSS A319/320/321 Pro panel/aircraft.

1- The Dream Fleet 737-400 aircraft and panel

Outside View USAir livery

Panel - Day

Panel - Night

--------------------------------------

2- The Wilco 767 PIC panel (this panel can be used with any 767 including Posky)

Panel - Day

Panel - Night

--------------------------------------

3- The PSS A319/320/321 aircraft and panel

Outside View A321 Home Livery. PSS has the best exterior visuals

Panel - Day

Panel - Night

Comment

Hello,

I'm getting PSS A320 PRO, it looks great. Have you got any more PSS A320 screenshots that you can post. Boeing 737-400 PRO looks great aswell.

Regards
        Daniel [img]smilewink.gif[/img]
        British Airways - The World's Favourite Airline

Comment

Daniel,

In my personal opinion, you should consider both the Dreamfleet 737-400 and 767 Pilot in Command before the PSS Airbus package.

While the PSS package may be visually appealing, I find it to be much more riddled with bugs than the aforementioned products. In fact, I find it nearly impossible to complete a flight with it.

For my money, I'd go for Wilco's 767 Pilot in Command. It is more comprehensive (failures and such can be programmed into your flight), and from what I can tell (I have 20+ hours in a UPS Level D 757/767 simulator), it is completely bug-free. It also flies like a dream. [img]nod.gif[/img]
          Trump is an idiot!
          Vote Democrats!!

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Chris Kilroy:
            Daniel,

In my personal opinion, you should consider both the Dreamfleet 737-400 and 767 Pilot in Command before the PSS Airbus package.

While the PSS package may be visually appealing, I find it to be much more riddled with bugs than the aforementioned products. In fact, I find it nearly impossible to complete a flight with it.

Chris, you must have the first version of the PSS A320 package? That one was indeed heavily bugged and completing a flight was a taxing experience as nothing worked as it should.

This however has been fixed in the latest edition and I have yet to encounter any problem whatsoever with it. I easily completed dozens of flights in all sorts of weather conditions and everything worked like the manual says it would.

This being said if someone simply doesn't like the way real-life Airbus panels are designed then he won't like the PSS because it's an Airbus, but not because it doesn't work the way it should. Personally I prefer to fly virtual Boeings but that's just a question of personal preference and maybe simply out of habit, it has nothing to do with bugs.

The bugs apparently were due to the fact that nobody in quality addon business had ever made an Airbus, and replicating the MCDU (flight computer) was no piece of cake, as the dream Fleet people have found out by breaking their teeth on the A340 (although for obvious reasons they invoked other pretenses). The first edition of the Dream Fleet 737-400 was far from perfect as well, and using the FMC in that edition was nearly impossible, you had to correct it so often that flying manually was much easier, but then all you had was a freeware-quality payware addon. The DF team fixed the bugs, and they did a great job at it. So did PSS with the latest bug-free edition of the A320.

Ideally everybody should have both the Wilco 767 PIC and the PSS A320, because the DF 737 is very similar to the PIC, which is slightly better and offers the possibility of transoceanic flights, while the PSS allows the virtual pilot to experience the "other" type, and fly short-range hops seeing the same panel hundreds of pilots in the US and elsewhere see everyday when they fly this popular type.

The DF 737 isn't bad, but it's not very different from the 767 PIC which is better, as Chris mentioned, and it can get boring after a while to have only Boeing panels to choose from. The only (small) complaint I have against the PIC is that the aircraft that come with it are outdated and can't be used efficiently with FS2002 (though the panel itself works like a charm) so you have to select which freeware 767 you will use with it keeping in mind that the aicraft itself may not be up to par with the panel. The DF 737 for its part, can't be used with any other aircraft than those that come with it, and while they look okay they were obviously designed for FS2000 and can't use many of the visual improvements that came with FS2002, notably reflective textures. I have no idea if the PSS panel can be used with other Airbuses but that doesn't really matter because the aircraft that come with it are GMAX and even more detailed than Poskies. They are also very frame-rate friendly.

Instead of spending money on the DF 737 now one should get the PIC and/or the PSS A320 and wait for DF to publish their 727. Now THAT will be a different panel! PSS for their part are about to launch their Dash 8, and I hope it won't be bugged because a quality payware modern turboprop airliner would be welcome in the simming world.

Daniel as you requested more screenshots of the PSS I will make a short flight with it and post them here afterwards.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Chris Kilroy:
              It also flies like a dream. [img]nod.gif[/img]

Depends who's doin' the flyin'. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Daniel Smalley:
                Hello,

I'm getting PSS A320 PRO, it looks great. Have you got any more PSS A320 screenshots that you can post. Boeing 737-400 PRO looks great aswell.

Regards
                Daniel

Here you go Daniel, a short Las Vegas-Phoenix flight flying the A319 that is part of the PSS A320 Pro package. I used the home livery because there are too many liveries to choose from and I didn't know which one would look realistic on that route. We'll just pretend that this aircraft is on a promo tour.

Sitting at the gate in KLAS running checklists

Entering the flight plan into the MCDU (flight computer)

Waiting my turn for takeoff clearance lost in a bunch of Southwest 737's

20 minutes later, airborne at last!

Reaching for the sky (and the programmed route)

Cruise, pretty boring over the desert, very stable except for the very strong gusts rocking the bird

Cruise, cockpit view

cockpit view with CRT's blown up, a practical feature

Continued on next post...

Comment

...Continued from previous post.

Just received final clearance for KPHX 07L. Minor FS2002 bug here 'cause 07R is the active runway, not 07L. But can't argue with ATC

Very stable approach, dead on G/S and localizer despite very strong lateral winds

Frontal view on final

Almost there

Perfect flare (thanks to MCDU) main gear contacts tarmac

Nose gear brushes, soft as a pillow. This plane handles very well on landing

Smooth rollout

Taxiing to gate, all in a day's work. Nice quiet flight despite howling December winds

Comment

Hey guys, Thank you very much for all your replies I was just wondering if you have any more DF737 screenshots or if you could post a mini review of the simulator i.e favourite bits, least favourite bits etc. From what I have read on other websites with reviews of this product it sounds excelant-Is this the case? Apparently it has a Cabin Announcment system, is it any good?

Thanks

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Hello,

Thanks Jim for all your screenshots which are great [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]. What kind of settings have you got on your pc? I've got a Pentium 2, 64MB etc. When I buy PSS A320 PRO, I'm gonna get a few upgrades for my pc. What should buy? Ive got a £100 budget [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img].

Regards
                      Daniel

[ December 15, 2002 01:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Daniel Smalley ]
                      British Airways - The World's Favourite Airline

Comment

hi, Daniel I know your my best friend but can I just remind you the name of this topic ''Greatest Airliners 737-400 Professional Screenshots '' [img]offtopic1.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks

[ December 15, 2002 04:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by jmc_757-200 ]

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Daniel Smalley:
                          Hello,

Thanks Jim for all your screenshots which are great [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]. What kind of settings have you got on your pc? I've got a Pentium 2, 64MB etc. When I buy PSS A320 PRO, I'm gonna get a few upgrades for my pc. What should buy? Ive got a £100 budget [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img].

Regards
                          Daniel

The system I used for this flight has two Atlon 1.6Ghz T-Bird CPU's and 768Mb ram but it would work on most systems.

Assuming 100 pounds is about $200 I'd say you have no choice but to get a new CPU, which also means another mainboard in your case because Pentium 2's aren't sold anymore. Of course for that price you can't expect anything too fancy but believe me what you can afford will be much faster than what you have now.

Forget about Intels, even cheap Celerons, because that would be too expensive for you. Celeron CPU's are very affordable and of reasonable quality but Celeron boards are now in low demand, so they are expensive.

What would be your best bet is a Socket A board. These boards accept all AMD CPU's (Duron, Athlon, and Athlon XP) so even if you initially install an affordable Duron CPU you will be able to upgrade cheaply just by replacing the CPU, not the whole board. Unfortunately you can't afford a high-end ASUS or A-Bit DDR board so you'll have to settle on a more reasonably priced MSI or similar OEM board using PC-133 SDRAM, and it should cost you about $70 to $80 (35 to 40 pounds). Next you should get a Duron 1Ghz CPU, that sells for about $40 (20 pounds). Since you have a P2 I assume that your RAM is EDO, and that won't fit on a Socket A board (actually it won't fit on any board anymore) so you'll need to buy a SDRAM stick with the remainder of your money. Depending on going price you should either get a 128Mb (brand name) or a 256Mb (OEM) SDRAM stick.

This system will run FS2002 smoothly if the sliders are set to conservative values, and if you have a reasonably good video card. The sim will run on your present system, but it will be extremely bumpy.

Now you don't really have a choice of addons: the DF 737-400 is resource-hungry so forget about it for now and the PIC is dependent on the type of aircraft you use with it. In VFR mode the PSS is the one requiring the least ressources because it has less gauges, but in IFR mode its 3 large CRT's are just as hungry as the two others. But since you can't see much outside in IFR mode that doesn't really matter. In spot or chase view (outside view) the PSS being GMAX is very framerate-friendly, just like the Poskies that you can use with the PIC. The DF well..., that's one of its few problems. I hope Flight One is reading this [img]uhoh.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by jmc_757-200:
                            hi, Daniel I know your my best friend but can I just remind you the name of this topic ''Greatest Airliners 737-400 Professional Screenshots '' [img]offtopic1.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks

Hold on, you'll get some. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi, sorry I didnt mean to sound rude but I just wanted some DF737 screenshots. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Thanks

[ December 16, 2002 04:18 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by jmc_757-200 ]

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Working...
                              X