Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayday Mayday Mayday, ATC?

Hey all!,

im back again, so i wanted to know, when i have a faliure in flight, for example no fuel left or engine faliure, whatever. How do i get ATC to recognise the emergency? I use fs2004

p.s. on my other thread, WOAI help, i still need help.

thnx.
    There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. Richard Gordon

Try set transpoder 7700 or something not sure.... ATC will know you are in trouble.

I don't know if I'm wrong. Let's see someone can reply more detail next post.

Stuart

Comment

I don't think that there is a way to get FS to notice you have an emergency. If you set your transponder 7700, they will tell you to change it back. It's the same in FSX. Maybe they will do that in FS11.

EDIT: I just looked in the FSX learning center and it says "Note: You cannot declare an emergency to air traffic control in Flight Simulator". This is in the FSX failure section of the learning center.

I wish I worked for Delta
      AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
        I don't think that there is a way to get FS to notice you have an emergency. If you set your transponder 7700, they will tell you to change it back. It's the same in FSX. Maybe they will do that in FS11.

EDIT: I just looked in the FSX learning center and it says "Note: You cannot declare an emergency to air traffic control in Flight Simulator". This is in the FSX failure section of the learning center.
        thanx heaps

Comment

The only other way to do it as far as i can see is to cancel IFR if you're using one then contact nearest airport and request to land

Comment

Originally posted by AlanF
            The only other way to do it as far as i can see is to cancel IFR if you're using one then contact nearest airport and request to land
            yeah thats what i always do, but its not as good.

Comment

I have an idea!

Realize it's just a sim/game for fun and not real. Therefore everything isn't modeled exactly.

Comment

Working...
              X