Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragedy in Amsterdam

*not real*

A Boeing 747 operated by Cargolux airlines has crashed in Amsterdam, Netherlands, killing all 6 crew members and 20 on the ground. Cargolux 747 (reg. LX-MCV) was operating a weekly cargo flight between Netherlands and Hong Kong. The aircraft has suffered a tail strike, followed by an engine strike on the take off. Also 7 tires were badly damaged as the aircraft has overrundthe runway. Pilots struggled to bring the plane to the altitude of 3000ft, before performing an emrgency landing, but due to it's heavy load and full fuel tanks, the aircraft has fell on to streets of Amsterdam shortly after the take off. Unofficial info says that a pilot has made a mistake shutting down the working engine along with the damaged engine which has lead to the loss of speed and power. Some witnessess has provied pics of this scrarry disaster:

This 744 was getting ready to complete it's weekly cargo flight

The aircraft has been checked before the take off, and no problems were reported eitehr by the crew or by mechanics.

All of the four Rolls-Royce engines has been checked and it is not yet known if an engine failure might have caused the crash

Boeing 747-400 is used by Cargolux on it's cargo routes to Europe, Asia and America

Weather was not an issue either, as the skied were clear and there was almost no wind.

The plane was told to depart from a short runwaym however it was long enough for a 747 to take off.

The pilots have used all the correct settings for a 747 take off.

The tail strike occured about 3/4 down the runway and caused the 747 to loose drastically it's speed and lift.

The 747 has damaged some of the lights at the end of the runway and used some of the grass before actaully lifting off

Pilots shut down two of the four engines and lowered the flaps to perform an emergency ladning

The plane managed to climb to around 800 feet. However it was loosing power which eventually led to a stall

This is the last picture of this plane, taken by an amateur photographer. The plane has crashed shortly after into an empty gym. 20 people on the ground were killed - mainly pedestrians and driver who did not managed to escape on time.
    The investigation is on, but human error seems to be in charge of this horrible crash.

*not meant to have any relation to any real life crash or whatsoever*

Forgot to add the model is newly released POSKY's B747-400v4

Comment

You crashed LOL you suck.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
        You crashed LOL you suck.
        I'm getting old
        I was working on my history Essay and I just had to take a break so I fired up the sim and went crazy Yeah I pulled the yoke all the way on take off to tailstrike
        I think it's good that I'm not going into aviation

Comment

Why shut down the engines? That was probably the worst thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
            Why shut down the engines? That was probably the worst thing to do.
            One engine suffered a strike, captain made a mistake and shut dowon the wrong one.
            Cmon I had to think of something

Comment

Pretty funnny that you crashed in near perfect conditions. Kind of weird that you shut of the engines and seems like you maintained a very high pitch, that's probably what caused the crash. Thank god, you weren't piloting that plane in real life.

Some excellent photos and thanks for the funny commentary!

Thank you,
              Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                One engine suffered a strike, captain made a mistake and shut dowon the wrong one.
                Cmon I had to think of something
                Oh I see. An excerpt from the NTSB report (why the NTSB was investigating the crash of a Luxembourgish aircraft on Dutch soil, I do not know) :
                Originally posted by NTSB
                . . .Captain Grwzywski was of Polish descent. Thence, he was inebriated and was subsequently in an alcohol-inspired rage. Because of this, the CVR recordings, and the FDR data, we have reason to believe that he was wildly yanking the yoke from side to side. When the ailerons came alive, the no 1. engine struck the side of the runway. In a drunken stupor and crazed panic, he hit as many of the engine shut off switches as he could, before falling into a state of unconciousness from which he would not recover.

The proceeding are a selection from the Cockpit Voice Recorder Transcript:
                HOT1- Maahhh neeed summaore (hiccoughs) beear. Yououuu gooaatsa beear, Jooo(hiccough)han?
                HOT2- Captain, V1. And what the #### are you talking about.
                HOT1- Aaaah neead a (hiccough) beeeeera, yaouuu sounnufa #####!
                [Sound similiar to yoke slamming side to side rapidly]
                HOT1- AAAAA!!!(Hiccough) @@@@
                HOT2- Captain, I have the controls! I have the controls!
                HOT1- Youaar Muuhtha haaaas tha controls, yaaoau *******!
                HOT2- Captain, V2! Get your hands off the yoke!
                [Sound of grinding metal and vibration, similiar to that of engine and tail striking pavement and the aircraft shuddering, due to those]
                HOT1- Whaaa tha #### iiis haaapeaninnk! Aahhaaarar! (Hiccough)
                [Sound similiar to fuel flow shut-off switches being engaged, and a body going limp]
                HOT2- Captain?! Captain! #### it all!

This leads us to believe that the cause of the incident was:
                malfunctioning equiptment and/or faulty maintenance.
                And they say I have no imagination....

(I spend like a half hour on that )

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
                  Oh I see. An excerpt from the NTSB report (why the NTSB was investigating the crash of a Luxembourgish aircraft on Dutch soil, I do not know) :

And they say I have no imagination....

(I spend like a half hour on that )
                  No, you have an imagination. What you don't have is a hobby or something better to do. Maybe you should pursue a career in comedy. Who knows, maybe you'll end up like this guy:

Oh, and Pat, some nice screenies. Though you also need better stuff to do than crash the flight sim.

-Chris

Comment

Makes up for a change
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Mitch, being part Dutch, I find that racist.

sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

tbh this might offend some Dutch people because wasn't there a real crash in Holland when a Cargo 747 crashed in to an apartment building ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlanF
                          tbh this might offend some Dutch people because wasn't there a real crash in Holland when a Cargo 747 crashed in to an apartment building ?
                          Yep an Tel Aviv bound El Al 747 crashed after taking off from Schipol in 1992. 4X-AXG crashed and killed all four crew members and 43 on the ground.

Here's an article from Wikipedia.

And something from AirDisaster.

RIP flight 1862.

Here she is before the crash:
                          [photoid=308246]

-Chris

Comment

Wow ! Yanks really will laugh at anything with an "Applaud Now" screen

Canned laughter blows , give me British comedy any day !

Comment

Glad I wasn't the only one to find that video pretty lame. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X