Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with POSKY Aircraft

Hi

Need some advise on how to get the project opensky aircraft to preform properly in FS2002. Every aircraft that I have of these the speed seems to wash off and it goes into a stall, yet other aircraft from other sources seem to be fine. It always seems to be when I get towards FL280 that there speed seems to wash off drastically. Is anyone else having the same problems?.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Michael

Problems with POSKY Aircraft

Hey Michael,

Yes, I have that same exact problem on POS...KYs aircraft.

On the 767s, well..when I increase 100% of power on takeoff, the plane will rotate itself at 100IAS and then will stall the aircraft. I tried to troubleshoot this problem by hand-flying the plane on takeoff not using the autopilot function, increasing takeoff flap settings to a max. of 15 degrees and doing a short-field "static" takeoff to get the airspeed but none of these will work.

Once flying BMI's A330 from POSky, after departure, the flaps were actually stuck at the 5 degree position and that drastically slowed the plane and which it did stalled the aircraft at FL300.

The only good aircrafts from POSKY which are not a problem is the 777s. I've done flights on United and AA's 777 from POSKY and had no problems.

Most of there description does say "tested by real pilots" well, most likely "tested by flight sim pilots."

I try to avoid downloading aircrafts they were made from POSKY unless they will fix this problem. Yes, the aircrafts are 100% realistic, 'cept for the American 767-300 which the paint looks like crap...it should be silver and not dull grey colors like United, but POSKY's aircraft flies like crap.

Kevin

GO NAVY. BEAT ARMY.
    "Representing the future officers of the United States Navy."

Comment

It's not the planes at all. POSKY's flight dynamics are as close to the real thing as possible so you can't climb directly to your cruising altitude. In real life a plane climbs to a certain altitude burns some fuel and then climbs to it's cruise altitude. Also check your fuel level, don't keep the tanks at 100%. Lower the amount of fuel on board and you shouldn't have any trouble climbing to your desired cruise altitude. One last thing make sure you are using mach speed above 20,000 feet vs. IAS on the autopilot setting. Give it a try.

Comment

Tom,

Yes, usually planes will fly at an initial altitude first but with FS2002's ATC, you cannot do that. You have to climb to your cruising altitude. I usually climb to FL230 (usually in real life, ARTCC will give pilots instructions to climb and maintain FL230) then level off for couple second then continue the climb to cruising. I set my AP mach indicator at FL180 not FL200 nad usually go approx. mach 0.65. But I do think POSKY's planes do have some sort of a bug. When I download new planes for FS, I usually will do a test flight for an hour to see how well it handles before doing an actual flight and I can tell you that there is something with POSKY's planes. I never had any trouble with other aircrafts other then POSKY's 767-300s.

Comment

Oh about the fuel, I will NEVER fly at 100% with fuel. I have a programme on my laptop that I got that will calculate the amount of fuel on a flight. ALSO, the flight planner's fuel calculations are fine but sometimes it's way off.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Kevin Cook:
            Yes, usually planes will fly at an initial altitude first but with FS2002's ATC, you cannot do that. You have to climb to your cruising altitude.

Only on fully-controlled flights will ATC not allow you to level out at certain altitudes. You can use ATC in flight following mode to avoid this if your navigation skills allow it. The other solution is a very slow climb rate after FL20, between 800 and 1200 fpm. The Lavigne Falcon 50 and the Dream Fleet 737-400 also display this behavior.

Comment

Hello,

When I d/l POSKY 767's the aircraft sink into the ground [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]. This is really annoying, Why could this occur [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img].

Regards
              Daniel
              British Airways - The World's Favourite Airline

Comment

You are still flying under visual flight rules when you request flight following. All it is mainly the ATCer to monitor your flight, traffic advisories if not busy, and such on. But hey, I usually fly VFR when I do long haul routes becuase I don't spend 8-10 hours behind my monitor hitting the keyboards to talk to ATC. I like to sleep or go out for my long huals. hehehe.

gotta go.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Kevin Cook:
                  You are still flying under visual flight rules when you request flight following.

As far as ATC is concerned you are VFR in FF mode but the main reason I started using it is because I used to fly almost exclusively addons with route programmed into the FMC/MCDU and didn't want to be bothered by ATC about climbs ans descents that never coincide with those programmed. I did however improve my vertical and lateral navigation skills enough to do without ATC-controlled IFR's on default and freeware planes that have no FMC's, which allow me to climb and descend following more realistic patterns, and avoid stalling on long climbs. I only use ATC for airspace transitions, FF and landing clearances.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Daniel Smalley:
                    Hello,

When I d/l POSKY 767's the aircraft sink into the ground [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]. This is really annoying, Why could this occur [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img].

Regards
                    Daniel

Do other Poskies, such as the new CRJ, do the same on your system? If so, and if you don't have custom scenery installed (and aren't using FS2000), it's probably hardware-related so check your video card settings.

Comment

Working...
                    X