Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorthaul SEX

Howdy folks,

For the first time in a long while I finally got round to taking screenshots on one of my flights. This was a relatively short one with one of Corsair's jumbos (hence the thread title ) returning from lease empty after operating flights to and from the far east throughout February on behalf of TUI FlyNordic - Enjoy!...

Aircraft: B747-400
    Airline: Corsair
    Flight Number: SS091
    Departure Airport: Stockholm - Arlanda (ESSA)
    Arrival Airport: Paris - Orly (LFPO)
    Cruise Altitude: FL410
    Cruise Speed: Mach .85
    ATD: 13:10
    ATA: 15:44

Parked at Gate 64 preparing for departure.

A puff of smoke from number 2 during a cold engine start-up whilst pushing back from the gate.

Taxiing to Rwy 19 for takeoff.

Corsair niner-one, cleared takeoff runway one-niner.

Rotating swiftly off Rwy 19 to position back to Orly.

A light load onboard meant for a short takeoff roll.

Into the climb at 4,000FPM.

On course back to base.

Shortly after overflying Copenhagen.

"The Office" as we enter Dutch airspace.

In the descent for Paris not long after passing Brussels.

Passing Charles De Gaulle during the approach.

Overflying some famous tower...

Turing left to intercept the glideslope for Rwy 07 at Orly.

Gear down, flaps 25 degrees.

Over the near-by motorway during final approach.

Greasing the touchdown.

The nose wheel not quite on French soil yet as reverse thrust is deployed, however only on the inner engines. Spoilers to follow.

Rolling up to the remote parking stand.

Getting some rest before the next trip.

That's all for now. Any comments and questions welcome!...
    Last edited by G-DALE; 2008-03-01, 20:05.

Nice shots, excuse my total ignorance.......are these shots from some sort of flying programme/game?

Shots 7 and 8 are excellent.
    Last edited by turbotraker; 2008-03-02, 01:08. Reason: just read title

Comment

Nice shots mate. You should buy ActiveSky. FS2002s version is only about £10 I think, it's much better than the default weather. I use it all the time now.

Originally posted by turbotraker
      Nice shots, excuse my total ignorance.......are these shots from some sort of flying programme/game?
      Yes, Flight Simulator

Originally posted by G-DALE
      Greasing the touchdown.
      oh yeah, is that why you're gear is in the ground Mate go on the ProjectOpensky site, download there new v4 747 (not sure if it works for FS2004) and take the contact points out of one. Replace the Corsair ones with the v4 ones and they won't sink.

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
        Yes, Flight Simulator
        Hi Sam, I can play this game on computer/PS2? and is that what its called 'Flight Simulator'?

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker
          Hi Sam, I can play this game on computer/PS2? and is that what its called 'Flight Simulator'?
          yup, you can play it on your computer, but you need a joystick for it

Comment

Shorthaul sex...probably not something I'd advertise

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
              yup, you can play it on your computer, but you need a joystick for it
              Not necessarily. Joystick is easier to use, but you can just as well fly with the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                Not necessarily. Joystick is easier to use, but you can just as well fly with the keyboard.
                So it is 'easier' to play with a joystick? Can anyone recommend a suitable joystick to play Flight Simulator on?

Comment

It's not easy at first, it takes alot of getting used to but it's pretty good.

Comment

Do you rekon this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=013

Joystick will be suitable?

Comment

I can't tell if the joystick rotates for the rudders, but if it does, I say go for that one. I'm not sure about the price (not familiar with UK currency). It looks like a good joystick though. To use Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) X, you will need a fairly high performance computer. To use MSFS 2004, you can have a fairly low end computer. I have a computer capable of running both and do run both, but I don't run FSX as much because I get a lot better frame rates in MSFS 2004.

I wish I worked for Delta
                      AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
                        I can't tell if the joystick rotates for the rudders, but if it does, I say go for that one.
                        I'll drop him an email and see if it does. It works out at approx $32 not including P+P. If it does rotate, I shall purchase it.

After looking at a few, this seemed to be the better of the bunch.

Thanks
                        Murt

Comment

OK. You don't need anything fancy. I think mine was about $40US. I'm using the Saitek AV8R and it's worked out for me. It's got throttle controls, 4 two way toggle switches (8 assignments), and a couple other buttons that I don't know what to call them. What are your computer specs? This will help you decide for FS2004 or FSX. And by rotate I mean twist.

I wish I worked for Delta
                          AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

I am not too clued up on my computer, it was built for me by my cousin, all I can tell (if its any use) is:

Pentium 4, 3.00 GHz with 512 MB RAM and 160 GB hard drives and an external 500 GB HD.
                            Currently running Windows XP Professional (service pack 2).

Does that help?

Murt

Comment

I wouldn't bother with FSX to be honest. FS2004 and some add-ons running at good FPS works well for me.

Try and get 1gb or 2gb of RAM, I think there quite cheap now but as it is, it should be fine. RAM will help abit more though.

Comment

Working...
                              X