• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbotraker
    replied
    Originally posted by RingwaySam
    You don't need to get a new computer. Just some RAM
    Sam, I need an excuse to replace this lump of crap, its over 2 years now. I need something more powerful and faster. I shall see whats for the best when I get back.

Leave a comment:

• RingwaySam
    replied
    You don't need to get a new computer. Just some RAM

Leave a comment:

• turbotraker
    replied
    I shall wait until I get back from my holidays and then replace my current comp for an updated one with the extra memory.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• RingwaySam
    replied
    I wouldn't bother with FSX to be honest. FS2004 and some add-ons running at good FPS works well for me.

Try and get 1gb or 2gb of RAM, I think there quite cheap now but as it is, it should be fine. RAM will help abit more though.

Leave a comment:

• turbotraker
    replied
    I am not too clued up on my computer, it was built for me by my cousin, all I can tell (if its any use) is:

Pentium 4, 3.00 GHz with 512 MB RAM and 160 GB hard drives and an external 500 GB HD.
    Currently running Windows XP Professional (service pack 2).

Does that help?

Murt

Leave a comment:

• AVLWATCHER
    replied
    OK. You don't need anything fancy. I think mine was about $40US. I'm using the Saitek AV8R and it's worked out for me. It's got throttle controls, 4 two way toggle switches (8 assignments), and a couple other buttons that I don't know what to call them. What are your computer specs? This will help you decide for FS2004 or FSX. And by rotate I mean twist.

Leave a comment:

• turbotraker
    replied
    Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
    I can't tell if the joystick rotates for the rudders, but if it does, I say go for that one.
    I'll drop him an email and see if it does. It works out at approx $32 not including P+P. If it does rotate, I shall purchase it.

After looking at a few, this seemed to be the better of the bunch.

Thanks
    Murt

Leave a comment:

• AVLWATCHER
    replied
    I can't tell if the joystick rotates for the rudders, but if it does, I say go for that one. I'm not sure about the price (not familiar with UK currency). It looks like a good joystick though. To use Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) X, you will need a fairly high performance computer. To use MSFS 2004, you can have a fairly low end computer. I have a computer capable of running both and do run both, but I don't run FSX as much because I get a lot better frame rates in MSFS 2004.

Leave a comment:

• turbotraker
    replied
    Do you rekon this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=013

Joystick will be suitable?

Leave a comment:

• RingwaySam
    replied
    It's not easy at first, it takes alot of getting used to but it's pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• turbotraker
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    Not necessarily. Joystick is easier to use, but you can just as well fly with the keyboard.
    So it is 'easier' to play with a joystick? Can anyone recommend a suitable joystick to play Flight Simulator on?

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected]
    yup, you can play it on your computer, but you need a joystick for it
    Not necessarily. Joystick is easier to use, but you can just as well fly with the keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Shorthaul sex...probably not something I'd advertise

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Originally posted by turbotraker
    Hi Sam, I can play this game on computer/PS2? and is that what its called 'Flight Simulator'?
    yup, you can play it on your computer, but you need a joystick for it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_flight_simulator

Leave a comment:

• turbotraker
    replied
    Originally posted by RingwaySam
    Yes, Flight Simulator
    Hi Sam, I can play this game on computer/PS2? and is that what its called 'Flight Simulator'?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X