Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ePirep.net Closing Down

Evening all,

ePirep.net has a message displayed on its homepage stating that they will be closing down in the near future. For those of you who are unaware; ePirep.net provided a free Pilot Report system to virtual airlines, and was essential for my ambition to start up a VA.

Does anyone know of any other websites who are offering similar services at no cost?

Regards,

DTVAirport
    DTVAirport

FSACARS dont know if it free though. Failing that, why dont you attach a blank pirep form to your va site and have the pilots fill it in and send it themselves?
    You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

Failing that, why dont you attach a blank pirep form to your va site and have the pilots fill it in and send it themselves?
      How do I do that?
      DTVAirport

Comment

Design your PIREP form with all the data required i.e

flt No
        Date
        a/c type

all that sort of stuff.
        Attach it to your va website in the relevant section, assuming you have a website?
        Some va's have this ability, have a look at a few.
        You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucsonman
          Design your PIREP form with all the data required i.e

flt No
          Date
          a/c type

all that sort of stuff.
          Attach it to your va website in the relevant section, assuming you have a website?
          Some va's have this ability, have a look at a few.
          I don't think he knows how to program a form that submits the information.

Comment

Yeah, well he did say that he was "aspiring" to start a v/a.

one would assume to have a little programming knowledge to do it. Many a v/a has fallen victim to poor construction due to little or no html programming nous.

Comment

I'd like to think a good image makes up for the lack of finance/programming knowledge.
              DTVAirport

Comment

To have a good image though, you'll need a good site - Good sites need good programmers. So if you really want to make a good VA, which is hard to do at the best of times unless you get to make a popular airline like British Airways, Thomson and so on then you a) need to start learning to programme b) Know somebody who knows how to programme OR c) Just stop making VAs, there a waste of time...

Comment

I created a virtual airline back in September. I was relying mostly on forms coming for PIREPs and me just altering the code of the pages for that. I have recently though made almost everything go through a database. Almost everything is automatic, from joining, to PIREPs, to checkride assignment. You can find the link to my VA in my signature. It is not a very attractive site (I am not good with graphics and I don't have anyone on staff who is), but it is VERY functional. I think it is fairly comparable to the large VAs. I have done all PHP coding myself (with the help of a book for SOME things). If you ever have decide to go through with the dream of starting a VA, contact me if you want some coding help. I'd be glad to help (to an extent).

I wish I worked for Delta
                  AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

Working...
                  X