Exclude/Flattening Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude/Flattening Switch

I've just created my own airport from scratch in AFCAD, and I now need an exclude switch, to level the terrain underneath my airport, as well as a flattening switch, to clear all buildings/trees etc.

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on these?

Thanks.
    DTVAirport

All you need to use your scenery.cfg.

(example):

[Area.107]
    Title=Eugene
    Local=addon Scenery\KEUG - Eugene
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=107
    Exclude=N44 6.95,W123 12.41,N44 8.10,W123 11.95,objects

you see (exclude) in FS2004 runs then you get slew plane at map write it down lat/long left corner point and right corner point where you want to exclude box area.

Then you're done.

Good luck,

Stuart

Comment

Thanks DTV airport for the question and 777 for the answer! I was trying hard to figure out how to get rid of those trees & houses around!

Comment

DTV Airport,

Have you try it? Is everything ok? if any problem let me know I can help you with this.

Cheers,

Stuart

Comment

I haven't got round to trying it yet, the '107' value that you've used in your example, is that the same number I need to use?
          DTVAirport

Comment

Originally posted by DTVAirport
            I haven't got round to trying it yet, the '107' value that you've used in your example, is that the same number I need to use?
            Depends on if the last entry in your cfg file is 106 then yes 107 would be what you use.

Seriously, look at the number of the last entry and add 1 to it. For example the last entry in the file is 243, your exclude entry will be 244.
            -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
            -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Originally posted by Big777jet View Post
              All you need to use your scenery.cfg.

(example):

[Area.107]
              Title=Eugene
              Local=addon Scenery\KEUG - Eugene
              Remote=
              Active=TRUE
              Required=FALSE
              Layer=107
              Exclude=N44 6.95,W123 12.41,N44 8.10,W123 11.95,objects

you see (exclude) in FS2004 runs then you get slew plane at map write it down lat/long left corner point and right corner point where you want to exclude box area.

Then you're done.

Good luck,

Stuart
              Time to bring this back up as I've got time to do it now; I don't understand the bit about working out the co-ordinates?
              DTVAirport

Comment

I'm not an expert on scenery at all, but in order to get the co-ordinates, if you load up flight sim and press 'Y' to get your plane in slew mode. You'll then see the co-ordinates of your location at the top of the screen written in red. You can use your joystick to move the plane around and the co-ordinates will change accordingly.

Hope that answers your question.
                Regards

Scott

Comment

Ok, I've finally tried it and it hasn't worked, I got an error when loading up FS, so I've included a screenshot below and hopefully someone can tell me where I've gone wrong? Thanks.

Screenshot:
                  DTVAirport

Comment

Working...
                  X