Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC3 Pleasure Flying

Introduction:
    As I write this, there is a Douglas DC-3C of Air Atlantique (G-AMPY) parked on stand 1 at Durham Tees Valley Airport. The reason it's there is it's doing a series of pleasure flights at several UK airports as part of its farewell tour. Today ( Friday 13th June 2008 ) it performed nine 20 minute local, low-level flights, and will do a similar number tomorrow, before moving on to a different airport and repeating the process. After visiting DTVA today and watching her, I decided to recreate the flights on Flight Simulator, and the results are below - enjoy!

Flight Information:
    Aircraft: Douglas DC-3C
    Airline: Air Atlantique
    Flight Number: GAMPY
    Call Sign: GAMPY
    Departure Airport: Durham Tees Valley [MME/EGNV]
    Arrival Airport: Durham Tees Valley [MME/EGNV]
    Cruise Altitude: FL015 [1,500ft]
    Cruise Speed: Full power
    Date: 13-06-2008
    Scheduled Flight Time: 20 minutes
    Actual Flight Time: Can't remember
    Scheduled Departure Time: N/A
    Actual Departure Time: 11:27
    Scheduled Arrival Time: N/A
    Actual Arrival Time: Can't remember
    Departed From Runway: 05
    Arrived On Runway: 05
    Weather: Fair weather (FS04 default weather theme)

Parked on stand 1:

Another view:

Taxiing to runway 05 via Delta taxiway:

Rolling (looks more like fast movement to me, rather than rolling? ):

Just after departure:

Another view:

As seen from the Tower:

Leaving Durham Tees Valley behind:

Climbing to 1,500ft:

Banking to the north near the coast:

Over the North East:

I spotted the airport I'm in the process of creating, so I took the opportunity to do an overshoot; as you can see, there's no buildings yet except for those of the residents who have yet to be evicted, and their houses demolished!!

On our way back; a Dash8-Q100 is on finals - it had to go around due to a PA28 not clearing the runway in time, damned AI traffic!

Turning onto finals:

Unfortunately that's where it ends; those of you who have viewed my screenshots before will know that more often than not I crash during landing; but annoyingly, in what was turning out to be a perfect landing, it wasn't the plane that crashed, it was the damned computer!! Oh well. Anyway, the DC3 is a sod to handle on the ground, but beautiful in the air - it won't be too much longer before I'm back in one, bringing you more poor quality, overly narrated screenshots!

Regards.
    DTVAirport

nice man, I liked your new personal airport.

I have4 tried many times to make an airport but I never got the lat. long. right. so it would end up somewere random, so the hight would be off.

If you want realistic AI at the airport I can show you how
    I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Working...
    X