FlyTampa releasing Kai Tak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyTampa releasing Kai Tak

Pretty exciting. It looks even better than 9 Dragons, which was pretty awesome (but isn't working right on my computer for some reason )
    I kinda wonder what the hell's going on in this pic though.

Awesome! 9Dragons did a very good job but this blows it away! Looking forward to its release.
    Click Here for my aviation photographs.
    No Frontiers

Comment

I am blown away by the graphics.
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I am blown away that they spent the last 14 months working on an airport that is shut down and not even there anymore.
        Tanner Johnson - Owner
        twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
          I am blown away that they spent the last 14 months working on an airport that is shut down and not even there anymore.
          First thing I thought as well...

Comment

How can anyone seriously be shocked that a design team picked Kai Tak over any of the modern boring airports?

There still are exciting airports, yes, but most of them get very little traffic. Not only was Kai Tak full of hair raising approaches and take-offs, even on the good days, but it was amoung the worlds buisiest.

The closure of such an awesome airport as Kai Tak actually envokes an emotional response in me. When the planes do similar maneuvers when they land on the 1s here at SFO for an hour or less once or twice a year, I can only imagine how endlessly breathtaking it would be to watch heavy aircraft do the same thing in the middle of a populated downtown full of skyscrapers, lower, faster, in worse weather, and all day and night long. Now that must have been a sight.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Ummm because it's our opinion.

That's how we can be blown away.

Another question stems is a freeware version of this was just released, which will be good enough for many. . .so I believe their sales will suffer.
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Each to his own I suppose. 9 Dragons is FS9 only while FlyTampa will have a dual release a la SMX. As FSX lacks a Kai Tak, "low" sales for FS9 will at least be partially made up by those for FSX.
                Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                No Frontiers

Comment

Sure, 9Dragons is great, but why not have the best? In my opinion the FlyTampa version is miles ahead.

Comment

Well according to the economics of the whole deal their profit will be minimized due to a freeware version is available. Whether it's better or not is different.

The realistic fliers will stay away due to the fact that there is no AI Traffic available and the fact that it is just not there anymore. FSX users will make up some difference, but just not enough. FlyTampa should hire an economist.

Jordan, you won't spend the money to buy it in the first place so why's it matter that you want the best when you won't pay to have the best?!
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Well according to the economics of the whole deal their profit will be minimized due to a freeware version is available. Whether it's better or not is different.

The realistic fliers will stay away due to the fact that there is no AI Traffic available and the fact that it is just not there anymore. FSX users will make up some difference, but just not enough. FlyTampa should hire an economist.

Jordan, you won't spend the money to buy it in the first place so why's it matter that you want the best when you won't pay to have the best?!
                      Maybe they made it because they just wanted to model Kai Tak.. and they decided to sell their work
                      They're still going to make some money off of it, regardless of if 9Dragons takes away from their profits.

Comment

I've known Martin from FT personally for quite some time, and he'll make what he wants. He isn't in this for the money, as much as for the love of the hobby. Personally, I can't wait for it!
                        Trump is an idiot!
                        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I never said it wasn't going to be great.
                          Tanner Johnson - Owner
                          twenty53 Photography

Comment

No AI traffic?

Its very simple, Tanner. 3 options:

1) Change all VHHH entries in your flightplans to VHHX

2) Keep all entries as VHHH, and change Kai Tak via AF2 to make its code VHHH instead of VHHX, and get rid of the actual VHHH.

3) Install retro flightplans.

I do a lot of stuff with AI. I have 4 different folders in my comp, each containing traffic BGLs I have compiled. I have a current one, with current airlines. I have a 00s one, containing flightplans from the early half of the 2000s, and airlines like Skybus, Indy Air, National Airlines, Midway Airlines(RDU based), ect. I have another full of BGLs from the 90s, such as Reno Air, Valujet, Morris Air, Midway Airlines(MDW based), Western Pacific, ect. And I have a final one loaded with everything from the 80s such as MarkAir, Pan Am, AirCal, PSA, ect.

Its very simple. You back them all up in seperate folders. If you feel like taking a trip in a time-machine, go into your FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery folder, delete all traffic BGLs, copy+paste the desired ones. Presto! Its that simple.

Compiling all this traffic and hunting for repaints takes a while, but its really worth it, for me at least. If anyone wants to know in detail how to do this, I can help you out, just let me know.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Pain in the ass, but thanks for that great detailed explanation on what to do! I had no clue you could do that!
                              Tanner Johnson - Owner
                              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X