Level D 767 Autopilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level D 767 Autopilot

I know I sound really really stupid for asking this but...

I am not understanding how to use the autopilot or autoland. It is not like other aircraft in FSX as there is a centre autopilot and a left and right, but how do you make it follow a flight plan as it won't climb and hold an altitude for me or the heading only the speed it would really help if someone could help me use the autopilot in the 767 since I would like to fly transatlantic routes and stuff like that.

Thanks C-FMWQ

Hi C-FMWQ,

I'm no expert with the Level-D yet but I'll try to help. You'll have to enter waypoints in the FMC for the autopilot to work.

To give you an example a transatlantic route from Toronto to London Heathrow will look something like this: CYYZ KENDI MSS YJN N46W070 MIILS N47W050 N49W040 N50W030 N50W020 SOMAX GIPER CRK ERVIN NUMPO EGLL

These waypoints have to be entered in the FMC under "route". Once you takeoff you can hit the CMD button to activate the autopilot, then hit heading select and then LNAV once you're ready to make your turn en route, or you can also select a SID on the "DEP" page and hit LNAV right after takeoff, this will make you fly a standard instrument departure and take you right on course.

Can't help you with the autoland because I never use it

Hope this helps

Comment

you need the course & ILS frequency entered for autoland & also click on dep/arr on the FMC and select the STAR for your arrival, for flying the route I use Vnav/Lnav about 2mins after take off, AJ might have different ideas about how good or bad that move is but I like a little manual flying in the FS spare time.

as Youri has mentioned you must have the plan loaded into the FMC...be sure to align the IRS first though, that is very important.

next trips
      USA/DXB August.

Comment

Yah thanks guy's I knew about the FMC and I have been programing it for short flights to YOW, but how do you get the altitude to hold. on climb do you use FL CH and then change to Altitude Hold when you reach your cruising altitude? Thanks again and I will look at the manual on the Level D Simulations sight.

Thanks C-FMWQ

Comment

I use VNAV only, so when you enter your flight plan you should nominate a cruising altitude on the FMC, then when your in the air dial up the altitude on the dash, hit VNAV and turn the autopilot on and off you go, you might need to put your mouse on the altitude dial and push it when you have VNAV engaged.

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by C-FMWQ
            Yah thanks guy's I knew about the FMC and I have been programing it for short flights to YOW, but how do you get the altitude to hold. on climb do you use FL CH and then change to Altitude Hold when you reach your cruising altitude? Thanks again and I will look at the manual on the Level D Simulations sight.

Thanks C-FMWQ
            Sticking to FL CH here since it's the simpler of the two modes to understand, you shouldn't have to do anything with the Alt Hold button. To climb to a new altitude, simply make sure the autopilot is engaged, set the new desired altitude in the window, and press FL CH. The airplane will climb to the new altitude and automatically enter ALT HOLD once level there. Then to descend, just dial in your desired altitude in the window, and press FL CH again.. the airplane will then descend to that altitude then level off there automatically, once again going into ALT HOLD mode.
            Trump is an idiot!
            Vote Democrats!!

Comment

While theres a discussion about the LDS, does anybody have problems with the nose doing 5 degrees down on the ILS - I usually join the ILS at 180kts, Flap 5 and it usually ends up nose diving.

Comment

Slow down!

Comment

Hi, search via Youtube video tutorials

Welcome on board!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                    Slow down!
                    180, flaps 5 should be fine in most commercial aircraft, and even a bit slow in some. There's no way that speed/flap combination should cause a nose down situation in level flight. How much gas do you have? What's your payload?
                    Trump is an idiot!
                    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by C-FMWQ

Thanks C-FMWQ
                      If you have been using the FMC, how have you been programming it to ascend to the specified height? Put all parameters in to the FMC.
                      After take off and established on climb, press cmd, VNAV & LNAV, it should then ascend to the level specified in the SID. After that, select cruising level and press FL CHG the aircraft then should ascend to that height.
                      Before TOD select the height of the next waypoint in the ALT window, when it reaches that point it will descend to that level. It's then up to you to select the height of the next waypoint before reaching it. Auto land? who uses that. Dont take the fun out of your flying, about 1 mile before threshold, disable the auto pilot and manually land it, it's much more fun and realistic.
                      You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
                        180, flaps 5 should be fine in most commercial aircraft, and even a bit slow in some. There's no way that speed/flap combination should cause a nose down situation in level flight. How much gas do you have? What's your payload?
                        Chris, the flight im doing at the moment (Alicante - Manchester) I have a 68,309lbs payload (320 passengers) and around 40,000lbs of fuel...

Comment

It is really important to program all parameters into the FMS prior to any flight. That way it will re-calculate the V1, VR and V2 speeds, correctly calculate the de-rated take-off and give you flap/speed settings for flaps 30,25 and 20.

Basically with 40% fuel on landing the flap 30 landing speed is like 138kts or thereabouts. Autoland is not fun at all, at 500 feet diconnect the autopilot and land it yourself, its not hard. Just remember your flare procedures and monitor the localizer/glideslope and keep your speed right and your fine. Remember to arm your spoilers and set auto brakes if required.

Also input the correct cost index, gross weight, trim etc. If you spend your hard earned on the LevelD you did so to get the most realistic flying experience around, no point not making use of it.

I enjoy making full use of the FMS on the Level D its the only aircraft i'll fly unless I am bush bashing and need a small prop.

Comment

Working...
                          X