Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ai problem and addon scenery issue

Hello guys,

I have an AI problem. After so long of trying to get AI traffic i finally figured it out (I beleive there is a lack of instruction on the WOAI downloader, it doesnt tell you to put the planes into your plane folder), Now what seems to be the problem is that when planes land they dont have a gate to go to, so they simply dissapear, particularly in YSSY. How can i solve this problem?

Also in YMML (Melbourne International), when planes are meant to depart from runway 16, they just hold short of the runway untill they dissapear, also when i am first in line to hold short, i cant seem to get onto Melbourne Tower untill im pretty much on the runway. It is addon scenery that i downloaded from AVSIM.
    How do I fix this? (besides changing wind direction, i like to fly real-weather)

I use FS2004.

Thanks

Last edited by Chris Kilroy; 2008-09-03, 23:52.
    There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

You need Lee Swordys Traffic tools, downloadable from AVSIM, Flightsim. This will fix departing traffic pretty much at Mel and Syd.

16 is the default active at YMML, once again Traffic Tools will fix this, you can make any runway the active.
    Arriving traffic usually disappear if they have no gate assigned. If you use VOZ scenery (Vista Australis), arriving traffic will land and then vacate the runway and taxi along the active taxiways until they reach the apron where upon, if there is a spare gate, they will taxi to it.
    I dont know anything about WOAI so cant offer advice. As above, Traffic Tools fixed all my AI problems.
    I assume you are using FS9?
    You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

Err...no, not TTools...Tusconman, TTools has but ONE purpose, to convert text flightplans to traffic.bgl files so aircraft appear in flight sim. It has nothing to do with parking or airports, I think you meant to say AFCAD.

You need AFCAD 2, avalible on pretty much every FS download site.

It is very straight forward, do some homework on it and you can learn how to open all runways at once. You do not have enough gates if planes dissapear, so download an AF2 file for the airports you want to see traffic at, place the file in your Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 2004/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder, and like magic, you'll get what you want.

Using AF2, you can click on any gate and assign it to airlines. Just type in the 3 letter code, like QFA for Qantas for example, and Qantas planes will park there.

WOAI packages should install themselves with the installer...I don't see HOW you could have an issue with that seeing they self install...did you manually extract them or something? Anyway, all WOAI packages come with the airlines all coded for the proper gates. If in the future you manually install any traffic, make sure the aircraft has a line in the aircraft.cfg file that says:

"ATC_Parking_Codes=QFA" or something like that. However, most textures/aircraft you download to install as traffic should already have the proper codes avalible.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
        Err...no, not TTools...Tusconman, TTools has but ONE purpose, to convert text flightplans to traffic.bgl files so aircraft appear in flight sim. It has nothing to do with parking or airports, I think you meant to say AFCAD.
        oops excuse me while i extract foot from mouth.........there, thats better.
        You are correct, AFCAD will do it.
        You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

No worries, just didn't want him to get even more stumped.
          sigpic

Comment

Cheers guys, i got it all figured out now, have heaps of addon scenery and ai traffic is crazy!

thanks heaps
            There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

Glad to hear it! Just remember, traffic hits your sim hard. I have so many airlines in my sim now, it takes maybe 5-10 minutes to boot up(and I have a very fast comp), and when loading an airport with the traffic on 100%, I must wait a few minutes, rather than seconds if traffic is at 0%. So don't go overboard now.
              sigpic

Comment

Just curious, where can I find AI airlines: Air Canada, EL AL, Fronteir (usa), Garuda Indonesia, Iraqi Air etc.

Just another website besides WOAI would be appriciated too.

Thanks

Comment

Air Canada and Air Canada Jazz may both be found on WOAI.

As for most other airlines, you can find them and all nessicary repaints and models here:

Of course, you will need to learn how to manually compile flight plans on Ttools and how to install repaints.
                  sigpic

Comment

There isn't air Canada or air jazz on WOAI.

Comment

Damn, you're right! What the hell happened? A lot of the WOAI packages I have aren't on Avsim nor are they listed on WOAI's site all of a sudden...including Jazz/AC...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla View Post
                        Damn, you're right! What the hell happened? A lot of the WOAI packages I have aren't on Avsim nor are they listed on WOAI's site all of a sudden...including Jazz/AC...
                        Do you think you could send them to me? if you could, could you please send me the airlines that you have that arnt on WOAI. Send them to my email address. [email protected]

Thanks mate!

Comment

Busy tonight, but I'll try and do that tommorow for you.

Just a heads up, I manually installed AC, so I never did download the package, yet I do know it existed. I do have the Jazz WOAI package, so I can send you that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X