X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
    On a regular plane with a yoke,it doesn't matter if ur left or right handed.
    Yes it does. I have never flown with my right hand in all my life, in the left seat your left hand is on the yoke and your right hand is on the throttle. They only use both hands in the movies.

Leave a comment:

• BoeingKing77
    replied
    Originally posted by jetsetkiwi View Post
    Yes it does matter if your flying a "regular" plane with a yoke. You are usually always flying with one hand one the yoke, and your other hand on your lap, throttle or some other button or switch...

But yes, you just adapt to it, Ive flown both and I actually find it easier to fly with my left hand anyways (im a right hander)
    yes,I know that,but when I grow up I'm gonna be a pilot......When I went to Alaska last summer(READ THE TR!)I went to the aviation area and they had a fs with a yoke.Don't know what simulator though,never even heard of it.I was the only one that could land it.

Leave a comment:

• jetsetkiwi
    replied
    Yes it does matter if your flying a "regular" plane with a yoke. You are usually always flying with one hand one the yoke, and your other hand on your lap, throttle or some other button or switch...

But yes, you just adapt to it, Ive flown both and I actually find it easier to fly with my left hand anyways (im a right hander)

Leave a comment:

• BoeingKing77
    replied
    Originally posted by Top_Gun View Post
    But left handled pilots don't have the cockpit changed around for their hands, they adapt just like photographers do as all cameras are based for right handed people.

I used the Saitek X-45 HOTAS, great for fighters but not sure it would give the realistic feeling for civilian. If that's your preference then look for a yoke.
    Thats whats wrong with modern airbus jets.If ur left handed and ur a F/O,u have to adjust.Same thing with righties.On a regular plane with a yoke,it doesn't matter if ur left or right handed.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdave View Post
    I've got the one pictured at the top. It's great for comfort, it's twist function, and it's non-slip grip. BUT!! as mentioned it is predominantly for right-handed people and use. I'm naturally right handed when writing but i trained myself to use my left hand for flying on flight sim. Logitech should design one so that it can be used left and right handed, Maybe install a swivvel hand rest or install an option for when purchasing the product where you can select a right handed one or a left handed one.
    But left handled pilots don't have the cockpit changed around for their hands, they adapt just like photographers do as all cameras are based for right handed people.

I used the Saitek X-45 HOTAS, great for fighters but not sure it would give the realistic feeling for civilian. If that's your preference then look for a yoke.

Leave a comment:

• BoeingKing77
    replied
    I have a Saitek 290 pro.Really great in comfort,even has a hand rest!Heres a picture
    http://www.saitek.com/fr/info/pi_joystick.htm go to St290 pro picture 1

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Eh, so far I don't agree with most of these choices. Get Saiteks newest X52 model. Not the most expensive one out there but its great, comes with a throttle too. I suggest getting their pedals too if you can afford it.

But unless you are flying A320s or Fighters or something with a stick all the time, I'd recommend Saitek's new yoke, its great, feels much more realistic than the CH model.

Leave a comment:

• bigdave
    replied
    Joystick

I've got the one pictured at the top. It's great for comfort, it's twist function, and it's non-slip grip. BUT!! as mentioned it is predominantly for right-handed people and use. I'm naturally right handed when writing but i trained myself to use my left hand for flying on flight sim. Logitech should design one so that it can be used left and right handed, Maybe install a swivvel hand rest or install an option for when purchasing the product where you can select a right handed one or a left handed one.

Leave a comment:

• C-FMWQ
    replied
    I have a saitek and it is amazing. I have the saitek aviator and my friend has a logiteck one and he doesn't like his since the whole thing is really bulky and has a tiny throttle lever. The saitek however has a big throttle lever and is pretty light weight. I don't really use the buttons but it does have a few. Another problem is that the logiteck is more for right handed people as it has the form and it feels aukward with a left hand. The saitek however can be used for righty or a lefty person. You also might want to consider that the prices vary for logiteck and saitek if you really want soemthing then you can get a yoke or joystick and throttle quadrent. Though if you really want an average joystick then just get the saitek aviator. Heres a picture on the joystick I have. I'll also include some website you can buy joysticks from.

and here are the websites I get my simulation gear.
    Get our Low Price Guarantee, online or in store, on a huge selection of electronics, appliances, furniture, fitness, travel, baby products and more!

and

Canada's One-Stop Aviation Shop. Featuring a full pilot supply, hobby shop and Boeing 737 Simulator!

Nehal

Leave a comment:

• DTVAirport
    replied
    They all look real good, but after a quick Google search, Saitek look to be one of the leading brands, what are they like?

Leave a comment:

• Sreenath Yellamrazu
    replied
    Hello,
    You can go for either of the three joysticks by Logitech. If price aint a big worry, for the Force 3D pro. OR the Extreme 3D is also good but without force feedback. If you need wireless then Freedom it is.

A little note as a logitech user Dont worry about your stick losing calib after a while. Its a windows issue which doesn't calibrate it correctly. SO when you face such snags use the Logitech utility to cleanup the windows calib file and re-calib with the Logitech software. These are there on the website.

Logitech Force 3D Pro $69.99
    Rudder Twist, Force Feedback.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro $29.99
    Rudder twist. No Force Feedback.. but you'll be alright without it.

Logitech Freedom 2.4Ghz Cordless $59.99
    Wireless, runs on 2 AA Batteries, Rudder twist. NO Force Feedback.

Do let us know which one you've settled for.
    -Sreenath.

Leave a comment:

• DTVAirport
    started a topic Need Help Buying A Joystick for FS

Need Help Buying A Joystick for FS

Can anyone recommend a joystick for FS? I know a couple of years ago the market leader was the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro, or something like that, is this still the case?
Working...
X