Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS9 troubles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FS9 troubles

    I haven't played flight simulator in a few years, and a couple days ago I reinstalled it on my computer.

    I got a couple of errors while reinstalling, and I found out my CD #4 was scratched! :O

    I continued on with my installation anyways... then when i opened the game the textures for the airport ground weren't appearing! but everything else was working perfectly...

    is there anything out there which i could download that would solve this problem?

  • #2
    I think the textures were not installed correctly, maybe an update works, you can download it on the microsoft website.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by arjenp View Post
      I think the textures were not installed correctly, maybe an update works, you can download it on the microsoft website.

      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
      thanks! that helped my water textures! but for some reason my land textures aren't working... idk why...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jazzyspreetsingh View Post
        thanks! that helped my water textures! but for some reason my land textures aren't working... idk why...
        It helped a bit that's good but it isn't fixed.The only solution is I think, to buy a new FS9. They are not to expensive(in mine country)these day's.

        Comment


        • #5
          I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure there's quite a bunch of packages on either avsim.com or flightsim.com specifically designed to replace and update your default fs9 airport textures. Just type in "airport textures" in the search field and see what you get.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by magic48 View Post
            I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure there's quite a bunch of packages on either avsim.com or flightsim.com specifically designed to replace and update your default fs9 airport textures. Just type in "airport textures" in the search field and see what you get.
            That's right, www.simviation.com is also a very good site(1200 scenery downloads) but there is not for every airport a download
            available, and a lot aren't working.
            What you can also do is download a FS9. (mininova)

            Comment


            • #7
              Looks like the default airport textures are fine since taxiways and runways are displaying.

              Where do you see the black? Is it just around the ground around airports? Replacement textures for those might be able to fix it, though FS9 might just have problems drawing airport polygons period.
              Dan Webb
              Things in the Sky - A BoardingArea Blog

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dwebb View Post
                Looks like the default airport textures are fine since taxiways and runways are displaying.

                Where do you see the black? Is it just around the ground around airports? Replacement textures for those might be able to fix it, though FS9 might just have problems drawing airport polygons period.
                yeah, it's just around the ground around most airports... (but some airports are working fine for me, but almost all of them have the black stuff)

                Comment


                • #9
                  This may be out of the blue,but is that the posky 737-700?And also,where did you get the WN ai traffic?
                  August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
                    This may be out of the blue,but is that the posky 737-700?And also,where did you get the WN ai traffic?
                    yeah it's the posky 737-700

                    and I got it from http://world-of-ai.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jazzyspreetsingh View Post
                      yeah, it's just around the ground around most airports... (but some airports are working fine for me, but almost all of them have the black stuff)
                      The airports that are working fine - do they happen to be in different regions than the ones that aren't working? It might just be that one corrupt hardwinter texture.
                      Dan Webb
                      Things in the Sky - A BoardingArea Blog

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jazzyspreetsingh View Post
                        yeah it's the posky 737-700

                        and I got it from http://world-of-ai.com
                        yeah,I kinda figured that.Tried using WOAI before,when I try to install traffic,midway through it says error installing,I try to send the error report but it says it would take 143 minutes!WTF?
                        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
                          yeah,I kinda figured that.Tried using WOAI before,when I try to install traffic,midway through it says error installing,I try to send the error report but it says it would take 143 minutes!WTF?
                          Just head over to the WOAI forums and search for the error message you received - I'm sure you'll get up and running in no time.
                          Dan Webb
                          Things in the Sky - A BoardingArea Blog

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dwebb View Post
                            Just head over to the WOAI forums and search for the error message you received - I'm sure you'll get up and running in no time.
                            R u sure?
                            August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
                              R u sure?
                              R u naked?
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X