Extreme High Air Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme High Air Pressure

As I was playing FS9 something wierd happend. I was flying from Orlando Intl to Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood with a Boeing 737-300 with a cruising altitude of 16000 ft. Now I was Using real-time weather which updates every 15 min. When I reached my cruising altitude...something abnormal happend. Suddenly there was this severe turbulence and saw my altimeter spinning wildly. I never encounterd such a thing before in FS. But the wierdest thing that happend then was my altimeter showing the air pressure outside being 5000 milibars!!! which is immposible here on Earth at 16000 ft. So my plane started to dive rapidly and had to do something so I put the weather back on default. Did some of you guys ever encounter this?? I am really confused .

By the way a happy new year to you all!!!

Originally posted by Surijet737 View Post
    As I was playing FS9 something wierd happend. I was flying from Orlando Intl to Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood with a Boeing 737-300 with a cruising altitude of 16000 ft. Now I was Using real-time weather which updates every 15 min. When I reached my cruising altitude...something abnormal happend. Suddenly there was this severe turbulence and saw my altimeter spinning wildly. I never encounterd such a thing before in FS. But the wierdest thing that happend then was my altimeter showing the air pressure outside being 5000 milibars!!! which is immposible here on Earth at 16000 ft. So my plane started to dive rapidly and had to do something so I put the weather back on default. Did some of you guys ever encounter this?? I am really confused .

By the way a happy new year to you all!!!
    Quick question: What simulation rate were you playing the game at??? On higher simulation rates (eg., 2x, 4x, etc.) little turbulence can look very severe and my altimeters often have failed or done silly things like you reported. I have had my plane jump a few thousand feet and then jolt to the left or the right many times when playing on expedited time. Unfortunately, there's no real way around this. All I do is download static real-world weather every 15 minutes when playing in fast simulation mode or you can always fly the actual flight in normal time. The plane seems to behave much better under those conditions.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

I've had the same problem previously with air pressure climbing to 9999 milibars! Also altitude showing 0000ft whilst at cruise.

Then earlier earlier today I had the problem with airspeed displaying 000kts again in the cruise at FL320, 340 and 380. It was like this for the majority of the 7hr flight too! During the approach I saved the flight then reset it and that reset my airspeed to where it should be - This also solved the problem when I lost the altitude display.

All flights apart from one where in 2x speed and real world weather or Activesky were in use.

Hope that helps

Comment

For the airspeed showing 0, that could be a pitot heat issue. FS does simulate pitot freezing and if you do not have the pitot heat on, the airspeed will drop to zero

I wish I worked for Delta
        AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

Another (FS crazy ) member here said the same thing.... Though the default B744 panel doesn't have a pitot heat switch lol. It's only seems to happen once in a blue moon. I'll try activating the PH with the keyboard....
          Last edited by G-DALE; 2009-03-04, 01:02.

Comment

Working...
          X