$105 for a Screen Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $105 for a Screen Shot?

US Airways is selling three different art prints on its company store site for $105 a piece. The author of the blog suggests that the "photos" are really screen shots from MS Flight Simulator. I think I agree. Click the link, and judge for yourself!

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Yeah, those are screenshots

Comment

Yep,screenshits.U can really tell on the A330 photo.....
      August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Makes me wonder if they even know the artist just gave them screenshots...

Comment

Anything to make a buck I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
            Yep,screenshits.U can really tell on the A330 photo.....
            Screenshots, BoeingKing77, not screenshits!
            Just joking, don't be offended.

However, I guess they are pretty shitty screenshots. Some of the screenshots on this forum are way better than those are. What's up with US Airways?

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
            Makes me wonder if they even know the artist just gave them screenshots...
            The stupidness of management often worries me. First the story of AirTran wasting 3 de-icing trucks to de-ice a plane only to have to freeze again and now this. With these kinds of "intelligent" people working management, I now understand why we have those crappy baggage fees on US domestic flights.

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER View Post
            Anything to make a buck I guess...
            Yep, that's true. The sad thing though, is you know some dumb person is actually going to spend $105 on those and think it's a great photo.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
              The stupidness of management often worries me. First the story of AirTran wasting 3 de-icing trucks to de-ice a plane only to have to freeze again and now this. With these kinds of "intelligent" people working management, I now understand why we have those crappy baggage fees on US domestic flights.

Yeah, I'd much rather see them only get de-iced once and then slam into a bridge right after takeoff.

/sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
                Yeah, I'd much rather see them only get de-iced once and then slam into a bridge right after takeoff.

/sarcasm.
                That's not what I meant by that post. Here's what I meant, if the icing conditions were so bad, then why not delay the plane until the weather conditions improved or AirTran could have put that plane in a hanger and the ice would have melted. There was no reason to waste so much de-icing fluid on a plane when the weather conditions would cause the plane ice up again.

The plane ended up taking-off a few hours later and arriving in Florida safely, AirTran could have easily delayed the flight, instead, of trying to unsafely push a departure and waste 3 trucks of de-icing fluid. Remember, 1 de-icing truck typically lasts 3 days!

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
                  Screenshots, BoeingKing77, not screenshits!
                  Just joking, don't be offended.

However, I guess they are pretty shitty screenshots. Some of the screenshots on this forum are way better than those are. What's up with US Airways?

Regards,

Rohan
                  AH,srry.Guess I typed the wrong button.No offense taken.
                  August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

I mailed this to US Airways. I'll let you know if I get a reply !

Dear Sirs,
                    Your US Airways company store lists three pictures available at $105 each entitled "Slick Arrival", "Arrival in the Phoenix area" and "St Maarten Arrival".
                    I was wondering if you were aware that these pictures are screenshots from Microsoft Flight Simulator, either version 9 or 10 and as such represent the ability of the "artist" to hit the "Print Screen" button on their keyboard and not much else !

$105 each !! This matter is the subject of considerable mirth amongst the aviation enthusiast community.

On an entirely different matter, my hearty congratulations to Captain Sullenberger and his crew for their actions and skills in the icy waters of the Hudson River.
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I deal with Todd (Director of the US company store) on a regular basis via work. Have gone to PHX a few times for meetings with him, in fact. I'll pass this along to him and see what kind of response I get.
                      Trump is an idiot!
                      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Chris,

Pass on my admiration for "Captain Sulley" when you do please. Shows the true value of extensive military experience prior to civil service in aviation.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                          Chris,

Pass on my admiration for "Captain Sulley" when you do please. Shows the true value of extensive military experience prior to civil service in aviation.
                          Sulley's from the "east" (ex-PSA), everyone in Phoenix is from the "west" (i.e. ex-America West). They couldn't give two sh*ts about Sulley out west here!
                          Trump is an idiot!
                          Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Whats the deal with the Cactus callsign?

Comment

Well, I received a very pleasant reply from Todd Vigil at the US Airways store. He explained all about the prints and the high quality material they are printed on. They are apparently around one third of the price of similar products elsewhere and are very popular sales items...especially among pilots !

After the passing of a couple of mails he also very kindly offered me a 15% discount on any future order.

I was particularly impressed with the speed of Todd's reply and the fact that the main man replied rather than leaving it to an underling.

(thinks???) US Air fly from Heathrow now....I wonder if the 15% would extend to ?.....naaaah, probably not !!

Comment

Working...
                              X