Landing an A318 at St. Barths TFFJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big777jet View Post
    Well, FAA is strict if you don't follow manual aircraft instructions. It can be pilots break the rules. It's still FAA covered for pilots who are breaking the rules. It can be dangerous damage engines can cause injury or death to passengers. It can be break blade fans or objects can go through aircraft's skin. FAA is part of aircraft rules what you are flying aircraft rule. You can't fly loop on a 747 with passengers. FAA and Aircraft are the same rules.

Stuart

BTW, two of the Southwest pilots made an error not follow the manuals. One is landing too fast in BUR and secondly is not using deploy reverse properly when snowing on MDW's runway. That's FAA ruled.
    I have no idea what any of the first part of that means. Sorry. As for the second part, something tells me that the pilots failing to "turn off" the thrust reversers before decelerating through 60 knots wasn't any sort of contributing factor to a couple of 737s running off the end of the runway.

In fact, if I ever decided to land a 737 on a 5800ft runway at 190+ knots over the ground and found myself careening toward the blast fence and a busy road, I guarantee you I'd have the reverser levers back as far as they could go until I either a) stopped or b) crashed. "FAA rules" be damned.
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I said that reverse off that mean you turn off reverse. You can't leave reverse on until you complete stop. I mean that at least 60 kts you must turn off reverse.

Stuart
      I'm sorry, but you're wrong. You CAN have reverse on below 60kt, as long as you don't go above idle reverse. Sometimes you'll see airplanes taxiing with a deployed reverser. This is less aggravating than riding the brakes. Also, have you ever heard of a powerback?

Comment

Well, FAA is strict if you don't follow manual aircraft instructions. It can be pilots break the rules. It's still FAA covered for pilots who are breaking the rules. It can be dangerous damage engines can cause injury or death to passengers. It can be break blade fans or objects can go through aircraft's skin. FAA is part of aircraft rules what you are flying aircraft rule. You can't fly loop on a 747 with passengers. FAA and Aircraft are the same rules.

Stuart

BTW, two of the Southwest pilots made an error not follow the manuals. One is landing too fast in BUR and secondly is not using deploy reverse properly when snowing on MDW's runway. That's FAA ruled.
        Their error was being on final at Vref+35kts and the problem they had with reverse was that they didn't deploy it quickly enough, nothing to do with reverse below 60kt.

I suggest you bow out of this topic gracefully, you're clearly way above your head.

Comment

I'm just happy to see Clovis jumping in on the play again. For quite a while he wasn't able to join us in discussion, for one reason or another. Once in a while, I found myself wondering how he was doing, and always wished him well, from afar...Some sweet screen shots as of late!! Take care gang!

Comment

Lol @ up the Hill

That looks like a mean airport

Nice screenshots

Rob

Comment

Working...
            X