Why AVSIM down repeatly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why AVSIM down repeatly?

Why the avsim down repeatly for a few days since? It doesn't work properly when I click it. It won't loading. Sometimes it works but it went down again back and fourth for a few days. What's going on with that server or programmers doesn't know how to fix properly? Aren't they low experience to fix program? They should find someone who has good expert with server system to fix properly quickly. Or just computer getting old? What's going on?

Stuart

I haven't had a problem with it. Works now.

I'm sure they have a staff capable of handling stuff that happens to their servers.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J View Post
      I haven't had a problem with it. Works now.

I'm sure they have a staff capable of handling stuff that happens to their servers.
      No, it doesn't work now at 11:15am CDT. See? It goes off and on repeatly......

Stuart

Comment

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! AOL bookmark was bad. I type URL it works fine but AOL bookmark was not working. I have to delete and re-bookmark it. Why the earth bookmark doing? LOL!

Thanks...

Stuart

Comment

Heck no, both AOL and IE aren't working. Something is wrong with AVSIM.

Stuart

Comment

Have you tried it with firefox?

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgolfer View Post
              Have you tried it with firefox?
              I do not like firefox too much space HD. AOL or Internet Explorer does not work with AVSIM. All applications or any websites are fine. Don't you try click on file library? Did you click any item selection? All are not working. Still down at 1545CDT.

Stuart

Comment

Both work fine for me, although IE is significantly slower with it.

Comment

AVSIM might forgot to update Windows internet explorer 8.0 now. I just updated but still extremely SLOOOOOW! Something is wrong with avsim I'm sure it is. All other sites are fine and download fine except avsim.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Big777jet View Post
                    AVSIM might forgot to update Windows internet explorer 8.0 now. I just updated but still extremely SLOOOOOW! Something is wrong with avsim I'm sure it is. All other sites are fine and download fine except avsim.

Stuart
                    I'm having the same problem with it being slow.... very slow!

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam View Post
                      I'm having the same problem with it being slow.... very slow!
                      OK that's relief.. nothing do with my computer. It causes by avsim's server. We have to wait tomorrow return business hours. They will have to fix it.

Hope you a good week.

Stuart

Comment

I read avsim note on site today.

"Library Offline
                        Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2009 - 7:06
                        The Avsim Library system is undergoing its upgrade and will be offline intermittently until completed, please bear with us while we make these improvements to the system . Our thanks for your understanding.You can access the library under what’s new periodically to check on the latest releases".

Stuart

Comment

Library Update

As maybe I am not the only one who worries about this ingenious source, I like to give you an update.

"Library Temporarily Offline

Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 - 22:41
                          After weeks of struggling with a variety of issues with the File Library system, we have today taken the library offline for overhaul and redistribution to another server. We do not know how long this down time will be. We appreciate your patience while we fix known issues and bring the library back up to full performance. This also means that the daily file update email sent to thousands of readers will not be sent until the system is brought back online. Thank you for your patience and understanding. "

And I wanna say something to the people who keep the library running. I wish you a lot of power to stand this work. Go on, break all the problems, we need you.
                          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Avsim has now been destroyed!

Today, AVSIM was destroyed by a hacker. Both of our primary servers were hacked and the partition tables destroyed, and that will be very difficult to overcome. I won’t speculate on who did it, but we will have a forensic done on our disks and scrutinize the logs to validate our suspicions.

I would appreciate if you could post the following as a news item or announcement on your websites or forums. Nels and Francois, I know we have been competitors, but I would very much appreciate you posting this on your web sites, if you could.

PRESS RELEASE: AVSIM Hacked!!

Tom Allensworth, CEO and Publisher of AVSIM, today issued the following announcement; “We regret to inform the flight simulation community that on Tuesday, May 12, AVSIM was hacked and effectively destroyed. The method of the hack makes recovery difficult, if not impossible, to recover from. Both servers, that is the library / email and web site / forum servers were attacked. AVSIM is totally offline at this time and we expect to be so for some time to come. We are not able to predict when we will be back online, if we can come back at all. We will post more news as we are able to in the coming days and weeks."

Best Regards,
                            Tom Allensworth
                            BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam View Post
                              Sad to see. One of the best, if not the best, flightsim download site is gone for a long time. There's speculation in their temporary forums that some of the site may be saved after forensics are done on their servers, but it kind of shocking and sad that 13 years and 4 terabytes of information were wiped out clean by a hacker. Wonder why the didn't back up the information to an external source, they basically used 2 servers holding the same information and both got wiped clean! In addition, I'm curious to see if it was an inside job.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Working...
                              X