PMDG MD-11 Wrecked my entire FlightSim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMDG MD-11 Wrecked my entire FlightSim

So I paid $80 for the PMDG MD-11 for FS9.

Had to update to FS9.1 to get it to even install.

After installation, no matter what plane I load, flight sim has a problem and "needs to close".

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I want my monies back.

If you remove PMDG does it work?

Comment

Removed the MD-11. Everything still dosen't work. Thats whats very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyG View Post
        Removed the MD-11. Everything still dosen't work. Thats whats very frustrating.
        Have you checked for viruses and/or spyware. I was having artifacting problems in FS and then the thing would crash, turns out I had 2 viruses. Contact PMDG's customer support, they have been very good in the past and were very helpful when I needed them.

FS can behave really funny after accumulating a bunch of add-ons, it might just be better to a clean re-install of the program if nothing else works. I bought their Boeing 747-400 product for FS9 and it was excellent and I never had a problem and I haven't heard anything like your problem with the MD-11. Did you download the program or buy a CD?

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Sounds like a Dogdey Registry key File, Usally because its been downloaded off *Torrent Websites* so it wont activate properly because you need to purchase it either on CD or directly from PMDG, You see These days software from devlopers has got better to stop pirates from stealing there work, Maybe your 1 in 10000 who just happened to have this freak bug, You will have to uninstall and reinstall FS9 and all your addons, Then get in touch with PMDG Privatly send your Serial, Activation code w.e date of purchase and they'll make sure you'll have it working in hours.

Comment

I had also heard that PMDG implemented an intentional 'bug' in the MD-11 that will cause 'unauthorized' (i.e. pirated) installations to do all sorts of things to not only your FS installation, but your Windows environment as a whole. I don't believe that PMDG has actually confirmed this 'feature,' and I'm not sure about the legality of it if it were indeed true, but the rumors have been going around for awhile that that's what they did.
            Trump is an idiot!
            Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Hmm. Vedy interesting. Thanks for the input. My next step is to install it on my laptop, and if the problem replicates, PMDG is getting a strongly worded email.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyG View Post
                Hmm. Vedy interesting. Thanks for the input. My next step is to install it on my laptop, and if the problem replicates, PMDG is getting a strongly worded email.
                Yeah, that'll put the fear of God in them. Heck, you might even post the CEO's cell number all over the forum.

Comment

http://www.fs9blog.com/?q=node/2

How to recover from PMDG MD-11 Malware

Perhaps you must read this.

Submitted by el_kab0ng on Mon, 03/16/2009 - 18:41

I call it "malware" because for all intents and purposes, the PMDG MD-11 update will cause enough damage to your FS9 that you will have to reinstall key components should you try to use a "black balled" license key. I have spoken to a few individuals who (through lack of better judgment) chose to use an illegal copy of the MD-11. Based on their feedback, I have composed these steps as a recovery option.
                  Symptoms after attempting to upgrade the MD-11:
                  1. Default Microsoft textures are missing
                  - This is because the PMDG update application deleted this folder.
                  2. Default Microsoft TERRAIN.DLL file missing.
                  - This is because the PMDG update application deleted this file.
                  3. Default Microsoft Weather.DLL file missing.
                  4. Default Microsoft Africa scenery missing.
                  5. Default Microsoft weather directory (clouds/themes) corrupted to the point that at 77% flight load (where weather is called in), FS9 crashes.
                  - Since PMDG removes the Weather.DLL file and a replacement from the fs9update.exe supplied by Microsoft does not replace the Weather folder, one could only assume the two are related.
                  One might say that PMDG is protected by the EULA which as a consumer, you must agree to before installing. I would like to point out that destruction of a legally acquired copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator is not included in this EULA. A copy of the MD-11 EULA was sent to me by a licensed operator who pointed out the following lines:
                  "n. You further agree that if you are found to be using an unlicensed, stolen, pirated or otherwise illegal version of this software that PMDG may uninstall our intellectual property from your computer and that you assume all risk for possible damage that may occur during this process. "
                  As it's written, "uninstall our intellectual property from your computer" actually goes well above the legal limits of this agreement by removing Microsoft specific files required for game play. These actions taken by the PMDG application should be considered before installing any products they currently distribute.
                  Recovery:
                  Requirements:
                  You will need CD #2 and CD #4 of the FS2004 suite.
                  Steps:
                  1. Explore CD #2 and copy/extract the Module, Texture and Weather folders from MSGAME3.CAB into a temporary location.
                  2. Copy the Weather.DLL and TERRAIN.DLL from the temporary Module folder to your FS9 Module folder.
                  3. Replace the FS9 TEXTURE folder with the one located in the temp folder.
                  4. Replace the Weather folder in FS9 with the one located in the temp folder.
                  5. Explore CD #4 and view the SCENERY folder.
                  6. Extract the AFRI.CAB file to a temp location (But into a folder called Afri).
                  7. Copy the Afri folder into the FS9 Scenery folder.
                  8. Launch FS9 and test the default flight for texture and weather.
                  You may or may not have to back up and replace the FS9.CFG folder depending on your circumstances. (C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\FS9.CFG)

Comment

Does that work for FSX aswell? As the PMDG wrecked my FSX and I cant re-install it

Comment

Working...
                    X