What Specs for Flightsim X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Specs for Flightsim X

I am looking at getting a new PC, what specs would i need to run FSX smoothly as i can't run it at all on my current PC

Thx
    Alan

Hello,

For FSX it really depends on what quality you want to run the game at. The minimum specs require a 1.5 Ghz processor, 1 GB of RAM, and a 64 MB video card. My computer is pretty old now, but it has a Pentium 4 (3.6 Ghz processor, a 256 MB video card (GeForce 6800 GT), and 3 GB of RAM and it struggles to run FSX at mid to upper settings, so I have basically stuck to playing FS9. The game looks amazing at its top settings, but on the lower settings it sometimes looked worse than FS9 on its top settings.

If you want to run the game at its best and want to run multiple add-ons, you should go for a PC with a good video card, powerful processor, and a decent amount of RAM. Since there are rumors that Microsoft may possibly release FS 11 in 2010, I would go for a more powerful computer than would be able to run future games. Here's what you might be looking at: Intel Quad Core 2.66 Ghz (you can go with a comporable AMD model if you want to), at least 4 GB of DDR 3 memory, a decent sized hard drive (at least 320 GB), and a Nvidia GeForce 250 or 260 or an ATI Radeon HD 4850.

If you are just planning on upgrading your old computer, a powerful dual-core processor should be enough, 4 GB of RAM, and maybe getting a GeForce 8800 or GeForce 9800 should be more than enough to give you a smooth FSX experience.

Hope this helps,

Rohan

Comment

I'm running Vista sp1, a 2 Quad CPU Q6600 at 2.4 Ghz. 3Gb DDRAM and a GeForce 8500 GT.

Runs FSX just fine with a high level of detail.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        I'm running Vista sp1, a 2 Quad CPU Q6600 at 2.4 Ghz. 3Gb DDRAM and a GeForce 8500 GT.

Runs FSX just fine with a high level of detail.
        Which computer do you have? I've alsmost the same as you, I only have a GeForce 8600 GT on my main computer.(I also have a 9500GT, the best for FSX)

Comment

Seems that it is urgent what I plan to do this year.. getting a FAST computer. I thought of a Core 2 Duo 6850 (2x 3 GHz), around 4 GB of RAM, and yet another hdd which for me should be an S-ATA one and which provides 500 GB+ of badly needed space.
          But what video card is recommended to run FSX? The intel website provides a list of games which can be played with only the intel video chip on a mainboard, but I lost the link. FSX was not on the list, so maybe the 8600 GT is a good solution, I'll look for offers.
          That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Comment

Originally posted by arjenp View Post
            Which computer do you have? I've alsmost the same as you, I only have a GeForce 8600 GT on my main computer.(I also have a 9500GT, the best for FSX)
            Hewlett Packard Pavilion.

I was going to build my own but I got a good deal out of PC World.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
            X