Holding pattern for FSX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding pattern for FSX?

I know that as a default there are no holding patterns for fsx, but does anyone know of a software that allows holding patterns? Thanks

If you select an approach on your GPS there're sometimes holding patterns on your route to the runway, usually above the VOR of the airport.

Comment

Sorry, I meant for the traffic in FSX. For example, holding pattern for JFK instead of multiple go-arounds.

Comment

Im not sure I know of any, it would be very complex considering all the runway options at JFK, or many other airports. The level of AI is usually unrealistic, try turning the slider down.

Comment

Originally posted by deltafan92 View Post
          I know that as a default there are no holding patterns for fsx, but does anyone know of a software that allows holding patterns? Thanks
          AI Smooth that does just that. Puts AI aircraft into holding patterns for busy airports.
          -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
          -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Originally posted by P3_Super_Bee View Post
            AI Smooth that does just that. Puts AI aircraft into holding patterns for busy airports.
            I thought AI Smooth just slewed inbound aircraft to make them 10 miles in trail of each other?

Didnt ever try it because I thought that would look too weird when coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by P3_Super_Bee View Post
              Thanks, where can you get it? I did a search and didn't find anything.

Comment

holding pattern

cheers for all the talk guys; my flightsim works very well even with the air traffic density slider at 100%, i'll file a flightplan to either JFK or LHR and see what happens and i'll open up AISmooth and hopefully see stuff happen.
                Rafa...Raf.a.el...Rafa...Raf.a.el...Rafa...Raf.a.el.. Raf.a.el Benitez

We hate United.. We do!... We love you Liverpool.. We Do!!... WE HATE UNITED.. WE DO!!.. OOOHHH.. LIVERPOOL WE LOVE YOU!!!

Comment

AI Smooth will arrange the AI traffic (hence the name...), but will NOT keep your user-controlled aircraft out of "TCAS conflict" or "Go-around" situations.

It will also not put YOU into a holding pattern.

Comment

Working...
                  X