2nd Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Monitor

So since I got a new PC, I have an extra monitor now, and I'd like to set it up so I can use my extra monitor on flightsimulator so I can, for example, have a simulatenous wing/passenger view available. How in the world would I set this up? I think I have another monitor port on my new PC, so do I just plug and play?

Thanks!

Im betting that port isn't a monitor port... Can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but if you look at it closely its "backwards" compared to a monitor port. IIRC a monitor cable has a male end. thus a female port, the "extra" monitor port is male.

Anyway, If indeed it is a monitor port, Goto display properties and click, settings.

Here if you plug in the second monitor there will be two pictures of monitor boxes here, a #1 and a #2. Click on #2 and there is a checkbox that says "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" what this does is allow dual monitor. If you don't check it, you will have two operational monitors but the same thing on both monitors.

Some video cards will have two monitor ports. one VGA and one for flat panel monitors. I run two VGA monirors(yeah, I'm a bit behind the times) One is pluged into the vga, and the other is pluged into the flat panel port via an adaptor to take the vga. From what I here the adaptor goes for about 20 bucks. Mine happened to come with a video card I bought 2 or 3 video cards ago. ATi no longer included them.
    -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
    -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Working...
    X