Why did AVSIM still down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did AVSIM still down?

I don't understand what AVsim staff are doing take soooooo long time to back up the server.. What kind of back up diskette or magnetic tapes? Why it takes soooooo long time to downloading to the server? My DVD FS2004 4 discs for 20 minutes.. something like that diskette takes a few hours to download just for one day. I don't understand why they didn't do anything more than a week since. What the heck computer system doing with this? I don't understand that...
    It happened once my company's server down and they took about half hour to fix and done.

Stuart

Anybody who knows about computer system or server system?

How they could do that take so long for? I don't know how they work that way. How long it take back up diskette or magnetic tapes to the server? Why it take more than a week? What is this NAS drive for? Is this 1 MB per hour or 1 GB per day or what?? How fast speed take diskette into server? It doesn't make any sense tooooooo long time.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Big777jet View Post
      Anybody who knows about computer system or server system?

How they could do that take so long for? I don't know how they work that way. How long it take back up diskette or magnetic tapes to the server? Why it take more than a week? What is this NAS drive for? Is this 1 MB per hour or 1 GB per day or what?? How fast speed take diskette into server? It doesn't make any sense tooooooo long time.

Stuart
      Ahh The NAS(Network Attached Storage) drive is the server storage. It is basically a computer in a sense. It has its own processor, memory, operating system, and hard drives. What the NAS does is allow for everything but applications to removed from the server, thus allowing the server to do its job more efficiently.

In AVSIM's case, the NAS Disk system didn't come back when the library was rebooted nothing can be accessed from the library. They are for the most part dealing with "computer issues" now. Not library issues. Also it appears that some remnants of the hack job that was done awhile back that crashed AVSIM earlier this year is still present, which they are also dealing with.

One has to remember AVSIM is VOLUNTEER staff. Family and real jobs take priority to your whining.
      -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
      -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

ok, but not quite really understand. You know what I am saying if I am using CD diskettes for example FS2004 has 4 discs. It took me about at least 25 to 30 minutes completed to the PC. For example NAS to download to the server about 2 or 3 hours to complete. But I don't understand NAS takes so looooooong time to complete to the server. Does NAS diskette take a week to complete it looks like SLOW loading or a lot of bytes to take a long time to download to complete it. Is that correct?

How come my company has a lot bytes for invoices, mainframes, customer billings etc.. when they down server or broken server so they fix at least half hour to an hour to complete to the server fix? How the hell compare 1 hour to more than week in AVsim today? I just don't understand this take long time. What are they doing this? Were they careless sit on couch and don't do anything to do with server until what they feel like to do something to fix it later or what? I can't stand this what is so long for? It drives me crazy what is going with this server for...

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by P3_Super_Bee View Post
          [...]

One has to remember AVSIM is VOLUNTEER staff. Family and real jobs take priority to your whining.
          One sentence and I absolutely second it.

Plus I wonder why some people do really wait that long for avsim comeback. They by far don't have everything. For example they don't have A320 with VC or LH-B744 with VC.
          Which are things I urgently need but I dont look for that at avsim. Becaus if you once have flown a good VC, you have to admit that it is like that simple: good VirtualCockpit = payware.
          That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Comment

Avsim did come back but then something happened with the serves or something and it's been down again since. Not too sure what happened (This is after the hacking)

Comment

Avsim is just again available.
              I want know, my Grammar error!!! I want advance me!

Comment

This is not an AVSIM support forum. Whine somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                X