Fsx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fsx

So I finally decided to try it out. No more awesome AI traffic, terrible FPS in major cities, and I can barely manage to medium high settings, but the engine is promising and the water in particular is a huge improvement. Really enjoying the Beaver and the Goose too, great floatplanes.

Think I'm gonna get Aerosoft's Tahiti X and just use this sim for island hopping.

Couple of screens:

Nice shots dude! I just got the demo version of the game also so trying it out will post some screens!
    ***My Blog***

Comment

I love doing VFR flights in FSX! Framerates are not so good with heavy metal, complex airport and tons of AI though...but that's what FS9 is for!
      Click Here for my aviation photographs.
      No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by b777 View Post
        I love doing VFR flights in FSX! Framerates are not so good with heavy metal, complex airport and tons of AI though...but that's what FS9 is for!
        Yeah this is definitely a GA centered sim, which is cool because I was getting a bit bored of the point A to point B airline flying in FS2004

Dunno if you guys noticed also but the ocean reflection size in mine has been reduced, it is now much much more realistic and makes the water in lakes look much better, by downloading this file fsx2xwtr.zip @ flightsim.com

It makes the smallest possible glint size just 1 pixel while keeping the reflection textures the same 512x512 size. Huge improvement, and the ocean now looks very real as you can see in my shots

I also found a pack of reduced autogen textures, which, along with service pack 1, has gotten me a gain of almost 10-15 fps!

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
          Yeah this is definitely a GA centered sim, which is cool because I was getting a bit bored of the point A to point B airline flying in FS2004

Dunno if you guys noticed also but the ocean reflection size in mine has been reduced, it is now much much more realistic and makes the water in lakes look much better, by downloading this file fsx2xwtr.zip @ flightsim.com

It makes the smallest possible glint size just 1 pixel while keeping the reflection textures the same 512x512 size. Huge improvement, and the ocean now looks very real as you can see in my shots

I also found a pack of reduced autogen textures, which, along with service pack 1, has gotten me a gain of almost 10-15 fps!
          Cool, I am gonna check out the water textures.
          No Frontiers

Comment

The Aerosoft scenery's are absolutely great. I have Tahiti, Frankfurt, London City, each of them are stunning.

Comment

Speaking of FSX, Flytampa just releases two new sceneries...Boston V3 and the Grenadines.
              No Frontiers

Comment

Working...
              X