Problems with flying the PMDG MD-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with flying the PMDG MD-11

When I hit the f4 button for full throttle I get the warnings: Stabilizer,slats,flaps. Does anyone now what the problem is? And I can't rotate at that moment.

I also have some problems with the flying, the thrust automatically returns to 37,9 percent and it's automatically banks to the right and crashes....

Hmmm I think I prefer the B737NG from PMDG, much easier
    Once maintained: CS-TTQ, OO-SFM,SFN,SFO,SFV,SFW,VEK, VES, VEH, VEX, VEN, OO-TCI,J,O,R,P,H,N. F-GYAI, F-HCAO, F-GPEJ, F-GPEK, F-GSTS, F-GSTR, LX-N20199, OO-TNG

Have a nice flight!

Juul

My pictures on Jetphotos.net

Did you buy it? Re download the file and install again.
    ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by Juulke View Post
      When I hit the f4 button for full throttle I get the warnings: Stabilizer,slats,flaps. Does anyone now what the problem is? And I can't rotate at that moment.

I also have some problems with the flying, the thrust automatically returns to 37,9 percent and it's automatically banks to the right and crashes....

What you hear is the "Take off warning" means that all these things aren't properly set for take off. I don't know if you have done that or if you just hit f4 without doing and preparation. If the trim is not set correctly you can pull on the yoke and she will never take off.

During flight maybe the autothrust is engaged and a wrong speed is selected, so the autothrust reduces the thrust to reach that speed. Set the speed and PULL on the speed selector knob, then the autothrust should try to reach and maintain that speed.

Hope that helps a bit.

wilco737
      FO on MD11

Comment

Thanks guys,

but I didn't checked the forum yesterday and without your posts I flew from MST-> OST. It's getting better and better, so a bit more practicing and just some more learning about the settings and I can take place next to our FO from the MD11 Wilco
        Once maintained: CS-TTQ, OO-SFM,SFN,SFO,SFV,SFW,VEK, VES, VEH, VEX, VEN, OO-TCI,J,O,R,P,H,N. F-GYAI, F-HCAO, F-GPEJ, F-GPEK, F-GSTS, F-GSTR, LX-N20199, OO-TNG

Have a nice flight!

Juul

My pictures on Jetphotos.net

Comment

Thanks guys,

but I didn't checked the forum yesterday and without your posts I flew from MST-> OST. It's getting better and better, so a bit more practicing and just some more learning about the settings and I can take place next to our FO from the MD11 Wilco
          I'll keep the seat available for you

If you have any questions, send me an email or post in here, I will try to help you if I can.

I am off to the airport now, a beautiful lady is waiting for me

wilco737

Comment

You did the t/o with KL MD-11 EHAM - TNCM?
            Well, I had the chance to do that with... I think that was Posky or Ifdg KL-MD-11 enroute EHAM-TNCM. And even this freeware model has a freeware MD-11 panel (team that developed it was afaik a swiss team, Afc? maybe some of the developers are jp forum members ) .
            And I stopped to fly this machine because the a/p is VERY uncommon to virtual-LH-B744 pilots.
            alt hold and so on does not work like I wanted to work... And the result is:
            You may expect screenshots of CLS KLM A332 EHAM-TNCM.

I am moren more enthusiastic bout the CLS A330.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Who's your baby today, Wilco?

Comment

Originally posted by ced ampo View Post
                Who's your baby today, Wilco?
                An MD11F Don't know yet. I will see when I get to the airport. Flying back home tonight.

wilco737

Comment

Originally posted by WILCO737 View Post
                  What you hear is the "Take off warning" means that all these things aren't properly set for take off. I don't know if you have done that or if you just hit f4 without doing and preparation. If the trim is not set correctly you can pull on the yoke and she will never take off.

During flight maybe the autothrust is engaged and a wrong speed is selected, so the autothrust reduces the thrust to reach that speed. Set the speed and PULL on the speed selector knob, then the autothrust should try to reach and maintain that speed.

Hope that helps a bit.

wilco737
                  FO on MD11
                  I tried pulling on my screen yesterday but nothing happened.

Truthfully I haven't tried the PMDG MD-11 but if its anything like their 744/737 it must be pretty damn accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                    I tried pulling on my screen yesterday but nothing happened.

Truthfully I haven't tried the PMDG MD-11 but if its anything like their 744/737 it must be pretty damn accurate.
                    HAHA, good one... Next time pull on the whole monitor to start the rotation

I mean, I fly the MD11F in real life and I must say it is very realistic. Of course not 100%, a few minor things are different, but the PMDG products are all awesome. I have the 737s, 744 and MD11F... All very realistic.

Happy landings.

wilco737

Comment

I have never actually purchased any PMDG aircraft because I'm just not into flying with an FMC...I like to be my own FMC.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                        I have never actually purchased any PMDG aircraft because I'm just not into flying with an FMC...I like to be my own FMC.
                        Really? An FMC can be so helpful and make things so easy

wilco737

Comment

Working...
                        X