FSX and HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX and HD

Hey everybody...Been a lurker here for a spell...Bought FSX about a month or so ago and been having a great time. My neighbor is a FO and flies for a local airline out here on the west coast..sitting in the right seat of a Bombardier. Says he like my game because he can drink brewskies and fly..something he can't do while on the job..lol. Anyway..the other day I was looking for ad ons for FSX and came across this on YouTube.. Anyone here tried out this HD stuff yet??

Here's a link to a video there..check it out..Be sure to adjust the resolution just to the right of the volume before you watch it. Impressive to me anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox63gPujdS8

Mark

As far as HD goes, I run FSX in 1680x1200 resolution so the definition is very high. What is cool about the video is not only is the resolution likely very high, but the system he is using can run it that high with graphics settings at maximum (have to settle for midrange settings in order to get decent fps)

Comment

Originally posted by nino2010
      thankssss the best web to make more and more money www.wowlife.tk www.easymoneynow.tk
      Please Delete!

Comment

He says something about his system specs in the video comment... So maybe he does not have to complain about slow performance.

But I watched some minutes of the video using the 720p-resolution (the "max."-option) and I wondered.

I wondered how he could use a HD 4870 X2 video card (which is a very fine thing) and still he has angled nacelles on his sim-a/c (video minute 3:26 and following, a/c: Ariane B738_). Is that a problem of his sim-a/c or a problem of this resolution settings?
        Btw, Ariane B738 is a terrible expensive thing, isn't it?

I'll look for and post a nacelle-shot that I find in my simulation...
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2010-05-08, 20:58. Reason: "8" + ")" = smiley so lets insert a "_"
        That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Comment

As I don't own a B738, I asked my A343 to pose for a photo. The result [FS9]:

Sure, you may find tiny edges. Especially the lower front part of the nacelle is not perfectly edge-free at this angle. But do you have to pay 69,99 GBP (approx. 81 euros for one Ariane a/c) to still have edges at a B738?
          That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Comment

Working...
          X