Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Lund
    replied
    I use trust reversers as well. However, if landing in Kastrup on 04L with my MD80 I might keep the nose up and use the brakes to spare the reverses.

Leave a comment:

• LH-B744
    replied
    Yes, reversing the thrust is very helpful.

But you have to push the "photo"/"screenshot" button quite fast if you want to show that device in action.

Leave a comment:

• kc2aqg
    replied
    I use thrust reverse on everything I fly: 767-300, 767-400, 757-200, 737-800, Airbus A320. I mostly do this because it follow real procedures on the flight deck. Although the amount of reverse thrust will vary depending on conditions, I will try to stay close to idle reverse in good conditions, but will go full reverse if I've landed long or the weather is not great.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I use reverse thrust on all my landings (if the aircraft has thrust reversers) as I am doing it in my real MD11F as well. I haven't done an MD11 landing without T/R so far.
    On the 737 I had a couple of flights where they were deactivated. So didn't use them then

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Like flaps, I use it if I need it. Just like I would in a real airplane...though I've obviously never flown anything with reverse thrust.

Leave a comment:

• ced ampo
    replied
    Erwin, I also use TR on DC-8's and only DC-8's unless im landing at Edwards AFB.

Leave a comment:

• ErwinS
    replied
    Off course I use it. A fully loaden DC-8 won't stop without

Leave a comment:

• ced ampo
    started a poll Thrust Reverse anyone?

Thrust Reverse anyone?

Yes, because that's how they do it in the real world.
    62.50%
    Yes, because it helps reduce the braking distance
    25.00%
    No, because it adds more steps in landing
    6.25%
    No, because I dont see any difference in the braking distance.
    0.00%
    Other (State in forum)
    6.25%
    Do anyone of you use Thrust reverse on landing and why?

I, myself don't as I feel more comfortable using brakes and GS only as it decreades 2 steps- Operate the thrust reverse and stow the thrust reverse.
Working...
X