X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGEG
    replied
    Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
    I want to add that I don't use FSX yet. There are several reasons for that, one reason certainly is, that afaik FSX does not include 1 single Italian destination (airport addon). And I recently found a FS9-version of this beauty:
    Diversion from London Heathrow due to fog.First picture of this registration on JP.. N159UA. Boeing 747-238B. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

So, maybe somebody can show me a United B742 at EGCC or at LIRF in FSX. But as long as this does not happen, I'll show you some B742s in FS9.
    See you soon.

The CLS 747-200 and 300 works for both games.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
    First thing is I wonder where you got this table from, seems like your local dealer somehow is familiar with flight simulation for Home PCs?...
    Yes and yes. A local dealer that buys components and assembles PCs cutomized to match each customer's requirements, many of which want them for gamming, and this person is also a FS user.

Second thing is, if this is a proposal by your local dealer, didn't he (or she) have the time to tell you what's behind it?
    Oh, yes.
    Rirst, I have a basic idea of what this codes mean. I know what a moterboard, a processorm a video board, etc are. What I don't know is what these particular components can yeld in terms of preformance. The dealer gives an excellent support, and he assures me that this PC is what I'm looking for.

But I wanted an independent opinion, and hence I asked here.

This little table gives you a motherboard for AMD Phenom II cpus. I don't know much about this, I use Intel, but imho you'll not be slow with this. Maybe a Phenom/FSX user can tell you more.
    He tells me tha this 6 core chip is the last in AMD, almost equivalent to the last in Intel, but less expensive.

4 GB RAM on this mainboard might be enough for FSX, but recently I read something about a Concorde X. For this one, you might better use 8 or 12 GB RAM (!). If I've learned something about FlightSimulation in the last 5 years, then it's "you never have enough RAM!".
    Ok. I can add more later. The motherboard supports I think 16 GB. When I bought my curren PC it came with 256. I added 512 later to get an odd number: 768 MB (ok, that's an even number, but you get what I mean)

1,5 TB should be enough for flight simulation.
    I actully think it's too much. Of course the PC won't be just for FS. But Im not keen to downloading tons of movies and music. I did request two hard drives to make back-ups of sensible information like family photos.

You can choose a video card in the same way as you choose the RAM. For an addon that has been released yesterday (cp Concorde X), you can use a video card that will be released tomorrow. A 1 GB HD5850 should be enough, if you don't excessively use "hungry" FSX addons (weather etc.) with your Concorde.
    Well, this is maybe the component that is harder to evaluate for me. I've checked reviews and it seems that people is avid to buy this board top the point that it was out of stock for months.

I don't know what jet you want to fly in FSX (frames differ a lot from jet to jet, and from airport to airport.... ... .. ...), but as a first step into FSX payware jets, a PC like the one in your table should be fine.

Maybe you let me know when you've found an airport addon that you want to buy. I'll try to help you again concerning frames, settings, etc.
    Likely FlyTheMadDog will be within the first. I want FS for the flight more than for the visuals, so I'm not a big fun of downloading scennery or just-good-looking planes. I want an as real flight and systems models as it gets. If it looks nice, then better.

Thanks for your hekp, it gave me confidence that this is a good buy.

Leave a comment:

• LH-B744
    replied
    I want to add that I don't use FSX yet. There are several reasons for that, one reason certainly is, that afaik FSX does not include 1 single Italian destination (airport addon). And I recently found a FS9-version of this beauty:
    Diversion from London Heathrow due to fog.First picture of this registration on JP.. N159UA. Boeing 747-238B. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

So, maybe somebody can show me a United B742 at EGCC or at LIRF in FSX. But as long as this does not happen, I'll show you some B742s in FS9.
    See you soon.

Leave a comment:

• LH-B744
    replied
    I'm not good at all in the Spanish language, but that's the good thing with numbers, they're international.
    And, what's even better with numbers, it fits into a small table.
    You have nine lines in your table, and what's in these lines is not bad.

First thing is I wonder where you got this table from, seems like your local dealer somehow is familiar with flight simulation for Home PCs?...
    Second thing is, if this is a proposal by your local dealer, didn't he (or she) have the time to tell you what's behind it?

However, support sometimes is rare or overloaded. Let me see what I can tell you about this little table in good short words.
    • This little table gives you a motherboard for AMD Phenom II cpus. I don't know much about this, I use Intel, but imho you'll not be slow with this. Maybe a Phenom/FSX user can tell you more.
    • 4 GB RAM on this mainboard might be enough for FSX, but recently I read something about a Concorde X. For this one, you might better use 8 or 12 GB RAM (!). If I've learned something about FlightSimulation in the last 5 years, then it's "you never have enough RAM!".
    • 1,5 TB should be enough for flight simulation.
    • You can choose a video card in the same way as you choose the RAM. For an addon that has been released yesterday (cp Concorde X), you can use a video card that will be released tomorrow. A 1 GB HD5850 should be enough, if you don't excessively use "hungry" FSX addons (weather etc.) with your Concorde.

I don't know what jet you want to fly in FSX (frames differ a lot from jet to jet, and from airport to airport.... ... .. ...), but as a first step into FSX payware jets, a PC like the one in your table should be fine.
    Maybe you let me know when you've found an airport addon that you want to buy. I'll try to help you again concerning frames, settings, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    I don't have neither a hot-shot machine nor FSX, so how could I know?

However, it seems that of you max ALL graphics settings the thing can turn framy, especially if you combine that with a high density scennery and a complex third party airplane. For some reason beyond my comprehension, it seems that a too high setting in anti-aliasing is particulary troubling.

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    Are you saying that FSX still overloads the current hot-shot machines?

FWIW my flight sim computer croaked last month, so I'm grounded.

Maybe X-plane is the way to go....simply because it's NOT Microsoft. I keep meaning to check freeware sites to see what kind of planes there are these days.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    started a topic PS for FSX and MSF

PS for FSX and MSF

There was a time where I was pretty used to deal with PCs and I was able to order all the components to assemble the PC I wanted. That was the time of my 486 DX2 33/60 MHz with math coprocessor and a VGA video board (which was much better than the then usual Hercules one).

Now I'm totally out of it. I was already out of it when I bought my last PC 9 years ago, a P-IV 1.5Ghz with 256MB and a 8 MB video board, but now it's even worse.

So this time a changed the method of specifying. Instead of asking for certain components I asked for a required performance.

"I want a PC that can run FSX with 20 FPS on a dense scenary with a complex add-on airplane with the graphs settings pretty much on the high side, and that will be able to run the next Microsoft Flight at 15 PS on a lower graphic setting"

And this is what I got. The problem, again, is that I have no idea what are all these strange codes and numbers down there.

So what do you think?

MotherboardMSI 890GXM-G65 - soporta USB3, SATA3, Phenom II 6 núcleos y Crossfire
    MicroprocesadorPhenom X6 1055T Box (6 núcleos)
    Memoria RAMOCZ DDR3 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) 1600 Mhz Obsidian OCZ3OB1600LV4GK
    Disco Rígido PrincipalHD WD 1 TB SATA3 64 MB Black Edition WD1002FAEX
    Disco Rígido secundarioHD WD Blue 500Gb SATA2 16MB Buffer WD5000AAKS
    Placa VideoXFX HD5850 1GB GDDR5
    FuenteVantec ION 2+ 600W reales - cables mallados
    GabineteLAN COOL PC-K60W
    Grabadora DVDDVD+-RW 22X LG SATA Black OEM
Working...
X