Jet, Turboprop or Piston in FS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet, Turboprop or Piston in FS?

I'm just curious as to what type of aircraft you like to fly in FS?

- Piston

- Turboprop

- Turbofan (or Turbojet)

As for me, I'm a stickler for the Turboprops, particularly the Starship 2000 and the King Air. On occasion I like to fly the Beech 58 Baron on very short flights (under 250 NM) though.
    Last edited by NWA 757 351; 2010-09-19, 20:12. Reason: edit

I fly all three, jets especially BAe Avro, and Airbus A319/320. Beech Baron and Dash 8-(Q)300.

I prefer the Avroliner, nice aircraft
    Once maintained: CS-TTQ, OO-SFM,SFN,SFO,SFV,SFW,VEK, VES, VEH, VEX, VEN, OO-TCI,J,O,R,P,H,N. F-GYAI, F-HCAO, F-GPEJ, F-GPEK, F-GSTS, F-GSTR, LX-N20199, OO-TNG

Have a nice flight!

Juul

My pictures on Jetphotos.net

Comment

Yes, I'm also very happy to find a (default fs9) Baron 58 if I leave my CLS A330. You don't find runways 9,800 ft or longer everywhere, although I did happy A332 landings in Santorini and Catania.
      In Catania there was only 1 difficulty after I proved groundspeed = 0.. They don't exactly have A332-taxiways there...
      Some months ago, here was one forum member who happily landed an airbus in TFFJ. I didn't asked him if he also had a happy TFFJ t/o in his airbus then.
      I currently use the following three types: 330-300, Baron 58 and since one or two months, I prefer A319 especially for Peretola (also good for Baron58_).
      Next and probably my last new type is B742, I'm just learning it.
      Edit: I just love these names.. Fontanarossa, Peretola, Genova/Sestri and... of course Capodichino and Fiumicino.
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2010-09-25, 00:45. Reason: let's insert a "_" to avoid the smiley
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

99% Jet for me. It is simply faster

Here my flightmemory for my flightsim flights:

Every now and then I take a prop for a ride, but not too often.

Comment

Mostly jets, Boeing 733 and 73G in particular as that is what I normally use in VirtualSWA. Also, when i want to have a joyride or don't have enough time to fly for VSWA, I fly the Extra 300S for some adrenaline, and the dreamwings Q400 for short hops.

Comment

Originally posted by WILCO737 View Post
            99% Jet for me. It is simply faster

Here my flightmemory for my flightsim flights:

Every now and then I take a prop for a ride, but not too often.
            I actually meant to record my virtual flights a bit back on Flightmemory.com, but I forgot to! I just started a new account with them specifically for the FS flights. In any rate, I just added on the flights from last week or so going forward since it'd be time prohibitive to add the rest from the last 7 years...

I'm not sure if the statistics will come up, but the URL is http://my.flightmemory.com/Verde

Comment

id say 50/50
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenvox
              http://www.jetaircraftmuseum.ca

Comment

Working...
              X