No announcement yet.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.. Since more than 13 years, they try to build an International airport, South of Berlin. That must sound ridiculous to people who are 14 years old!

And many International airports have separate railway stations where you'll find more or less fast trains which bring you downtown, at Lohausen International airport I'm sure, at Rhein/Main, yes I assume. But South of Berlin, they have a brandnew airport railway station, which since the year 2011 is ready to see its very first train. Gabriel. Could you imagine that nobody on this planet has ever seen this nine year old railway station, simply because the airport next to it has never been opened? 29 kilometers away from Berlin main station, and they said, we need trains which definitely are not faster than a moped, 51 minutes for that distance, or 34 km per hour.
    You would say, why so slow, in a completely new airport. Well, I had assumed that in a completely new railway station, the railtrack directly shows to the main station, in a straight line, e.g. to the North. Not in Berlin. South of Berlin, the railtrack until 2011 has been completely new built in East West direction. Gabriel. Believe me. If I were able to build airports for flight simulators, I would not build the Original "South of Berlin" with all its errors, I would build it with a railtrack in South North direction. When the simulator version is better than the Original airport..

Back on topic. Ah. The Boeing 747 topic within the msfs 2020?

I will not buy msfs 2020 due to the more or less brilliant B747 which might be included. I'll stay with fsx so that I'm open for Flight Captain Randazzo and his products. And msfs 2020 then comes in as the brilliant solution for scenery flights.
    That's my plan. I hope that I can find a hdd which is big enough for both simulators.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      Getting the hardware is still my bottleneck.
      Hey. August 18, you forgot to mention the year. Which directly reminded me of a German airport project "South of Berlin" . And my answer became so long, so that you finished your answer first. That again reminds me of Berlin. How many airports or children have been finished in less than 14 years. Unbelievable.

But back on topic.

And there is no chance that you could try msfs 2020 with your current hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
        Hey. August 18, you forgot to mention the year.
        I didn't.
        1- It's obvious that it is 2020. Microsoft would no announce an exact date more than a year ahead.
        2- It is called MSFS 2020 for a reason, and Microsoft announced that it would be released in 2020 long ago.
        3- Are links part of the post? Because I provided not 1 but 2 links with detailed of the announcement and in both links it is stated that the date is Aug 18 2020.

And there is no chance that you could try msfs 2020 with your current hardware?
        Right. In a notebook with a gen 7 i5 CPU, 4 GB of RAM, and no graphics card or graphics memory. What do you think?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Inspired by the announcement of FS2020, I am deep into the history of Microsoft’s Flight Simulator! Here is the trailer!
          Microsoft Flight Simulator has provided an amazing platform for millions of people to experience the thrill of flight. With the excitement of Microsoft's rel...
          My latest YouTube video here at The Flight Level
          https://youtu.be/q2V6gJ-FokA

Comment

I didn't.
            1- It's obvious that it is 2020. Microsoft would no announce an exact date more than a year ahead.
            2- It is called MSFS 2020 for a reason, and Microsoft announced that it would be released in 2020 long ago.
            3- Are links part of the post? Because I provided not 1 but 2 links with detailed of the announcement and in both links it is stated that the date is Aug 18 2020.

Right. In a notebook with a gen 7 i5 CPU, 4 GB of RAM, and no graphics card or graphics memory. What do you think?
            no graphics card or graphics memory.
            Hm. What do I think. You are on board the jetphotos platform, longer than I am. Thus, I assume that, when you became a jetphotos member back then in 2008,
            you definitely had some sort of a graphics chip/graphics solution 'under your fingers'. Even already back then in 2008!

No computer on this planet works without at least some sort of a graphics solution, and that is true since the year when I was born!

What you might have, is a so called 'on board graphics solution' , which is a computer chip which is only responsible for the translation of bits and bytes, i.e. a data stream, into something visible which we can read or watch on a screen.
            As I said, without at least one area where you plug in your screen (or, for notebooks, that works without that you have to plug in something, via a 'permanent cable' inside), you are not able to see what your computer is doing. Rather useless, or what would you think. And that is true since... more than 35 years.

Ha. I just thought, my motherboard would also have an on board graphics solution, so that I could give you an example. Which is not the case. But wait a second.

Intel 5200 (also called Iris 5200) 'on board graphics', that rang a bell in my head.

Which is a graphics solution for motherboards in combination with, e.g. a (Gen7) i5-4570R . What would you guess where the graphics memory comes from in this case?
            To make it short, the Intel 5200 on board graphics chip takes up to 2048 Megabyte (!!) from your main RAM.

That has two consequences. For computer programs which are demanding when it comes to graphics memory, and such programs for sure are current computer games,
            I always recommend that you use what such an Intel 5200 takes from your main RAM, plus at least 4 GB to run the o/s and so on..
            In your case that's a simple calculation.
            4 + 2 = 6 (Gigabyte of main RAM).

The second consequence is, really what you said, with a Gen7 mobile i5,
            you are not able to use the Intel 5200 graphics. When it is true what I see in wikipedia,

the Intel 5200 only works in combination with Gen7 mobile i7 processors. And the important word here is mobile .

In a desktop, the Intel 5200 indeed works in combination with a Gen7 i5 , such as the i5-4570R .

PS: Why did Intel 5200 rang a bell in my head. Well. That was a recommendation which I've read a few years ago, and the topic was
            'Is there a way to use ms fsx in combination with a notebook or without an extra graphics card?'
            The answer imho was, No.
            With only 1 exception: the Intel 5200.

So what do I think. You should at least use an Intel 5200 graphics chip with a motherboard where this one is on board, plus 6 Gigabyte of main RAM.
            So that I could show you an idea of what I see in my fsx simulator. Flight Captain Randazzo and his products, and so on. Although, Randazzo probably also says 'No' if you asked him that you wish to use one of his early fsx products 'without an extra graphics card' .

But you like to begin with msfs 2020, right? Then as your computer, you indeed should use something completely different.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-08-09, 08:33. Reason: What do I think. No, not without an extra graphics card.

Comment

Very nice Microsoft official teaser video with snips of all the versions of Flight Simulator from 1 to 2020.

From Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0 in 1982 to what we have today, we take a quick peek of each iteration of MSFS through the decades.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

NOBODY?????

Comment

NOBODY?????
                  Ahm. I know that I also sometimes use THIS NICE BUTTON WITH A B (for BOLD) ON IT , but only once a week, and only without five question marks.

My dear friend. Are you sure that you have not eaten parts of the propeller of your nice avatar for breakfast, last wednesday?!

Holy crap. I don't like to discuss that with Alex, but .. men have been thrown out of forums for two or three months for less. Given that they are not 'Teil des Inventars', as we say in Germany. And given that they don't have friends who are two weeks older than Alex. You lucky one you.

Btw, greetings.

Comment

Gabe, I know why you thought that you have to use five question marks. You opened this topic when? Early enough, I'll look that up soon.

And then I mentioned August 18th 2020 here in my #47, and then you mentioned again August 18th in your #48. And then, what happened here in this topic, on August 18th. Not so very much, or we better say nothin.

Why didn't you simply ask me for the reason of that big silence. Five question marks in a row, that really is not your style, or is it.

In Germany, alot of people still are in the summer holidays. I assume at least that's true for 2 x 12, so approx 24 Million Germans, most of them South of EDDL .

August in my eyes never was a month when I sat at my fsx simulator for whole days and whole nights. Althought the nights in late August can be quite cold here at Lohausen International.
                    +18°C right now, which Thank God is less than +29°C, only a few nights ago.

Gabe, do you allow me to translate one of your question marks? Probably one of my questions is also your question.

Has one member of this forum already purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

And if not, why not?

I can say, that I have not yet dared this 150 Gigabyte monster download. Given that you have a 25 Mbit connection, you will still need 5 hours, for 50 Gigabyte ! And I assume that the Microsoft server was not always able to give 25 Mbit or more during 6 or 12 hours, for each and every customer, since August 18 th .

That's at least the opinion of one or two or three Microsoft customers who tried to purchase that shiny new thang..

Comment

This site has thousands and thousands of members including plane spotters, plane photographers, photo reviewers, people that just come to look airplane photos, and aviation enthusiast in general. It is statistically impossible that there aren't a few users of this site that have purchased MSFS.

It is surprising, and kind of a pity, that none of them came to share their impressions, screenshots, youtube videos, etc. In this thread or in another, I don't care.

You are reading WAY TOO MUCH into the use of CAPS, color, bold type, size and number of question marks ?????????????????????????????
                      The day that people starts to be disciplined in this forum not for the content of what they say but for the type of font is the day that this forum would stop to be interesting to me and the day that you will stop counting for how many years, days, minutes and seconds I have been a member.

Comment

This site has thousands and thousands of members including plane spotters, plane photographers, photo reviewers, people that just come to look airplane photos, and aviation enthusiast in general. It is statistically impossible that there aren't a few users of this site that have purchased MSFS.

It is surprising, and kind of a pity, that none of them came to share their impressions, screenshots, youtube videos, etc. In this thread or in another, I don't care.

You are reading WAY TOO MUCH into the use of CAPS, color, bold type, size and number of question marks
                        The day that people starts to be disciplined in this forum not for the content of what they say but for the type of font is the day that this forum would stop to be interesting to me and the day that you will stop counting for how many years, days, minutes and seconds I have been a member.
                        Hey. Don't you leave me that fast, for dinner, or for whatever you like to do. I don't count seconds, but I do count years. 12 years, in December, always with you in the background.

Yes, it is also a surprise for me, that until today, August 28th, really nobody proceeded that far with the new fs 2020 so that he or she would be able to show us at least 1 'photo', taken during one of their fs 2020 flights. I mean, fs 2020 is sold by Microsoft since when, since August 18th.

So, today is the 10th day after fs 2020 was published. I like to second what you said. It almost seems to be impossible that within 10 days, not one jetphotos member was able to take at least one picture of fs 2020 in flight.

I mean, for Senior members things sometimes seem to be much easier. But a picture of fsx or fs 2020 in flight is not such a big secret.

As I said in the last 3 or 5 sentences of my # 54, I assume that all these potential new fs 2020 pilots have a different problem.
                        'sehr schwierig und nervenaufreibend zu installieren [...]' originally taken from the German Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 website.

In English: 'very difficult installation. I almost lost my nerves.' (rather roughly translated).

PS: Color is a good thing, e.g. Lufthansa nightblue for the tailfin, which is not easy to find. But what if many Microsoft customers really were not able to finish that 150 Gigabyte monster download?

Due to server overload: 'so viel Vorschusslorbeeren und ich kann sie nicht bestätigen, da ich das Spiel nicht laden kann.' from German Ms Fs 2020 website, vom 21.08.2020 .

Comment

NOBODY?????
                          Once my pay has resumed to being near normal having been furloughed for 5 months then I’m probably going to pick up the Duluxe version. I think my hardware currently lies somewhere above the minimum specs so hoping for something but not a Miracle. Over time I guess through future hardware upgrades it will get better.

Comment

I have had a good go at the new Flight Simulator and the scenery is fantastic. Default aircraft still not study level, but better aircraft are in the pipeline. The ability to explore the entire world is mind boggling. Just posted my first video using the new platform - Dangerous Landings- Lukla, Nepal. This is a short 15 minute VFR flight into Tenzing Hillary airport in the TBM 930. Lots of fun!
                            New companion video : Dangerous Landings - Lukla, Nepal - PC12 Winter Flight Incident - Airport Camera - 4K - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z09xph12itQMy F...

My latest YouTube video here at The Flight Level
                            https://youtu.be/q2V6gJ-FokA

Comment

Nice! Keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post

Once my pay has resumed to being near normal having been furloughed for 5 months then I’m probably going to pick up the Duluxe version. I think my hardware currently lies somewhere above the minimum specs so hoping for something but not a Miracle. Over time I guess through future hardware upgrades it will get better.
                                Wow. I'm always aware that I'm by far not the oldest jetphotos senior member, but I thought, yes, I really thought that here at Lohausen Intl airport, one of the two oldest jetphotos seniors are based. Greetings to Seahawk, since 2004 . From Lohausen to Lohausen.
                                2003 is really a good number.

You are going to order the Deluxe Version, you said, four or five weeks ago. And I said here in this topic, I'll wait for a little while, with the new fs 2020. I have Flight Captain Randazzo's products on the screen, just in this moment. Today, October 2020, he sells his products for the following simulator platforms:
                                1. MS Fsx
                                2. Prepar3d
                                3. X-Plane .
                                That's it for today, and for the topic Randazzo. Never change a perfect running fsx simulator, with Randazzo's LH-B744 fsx (QOTSI) on the apron. Never.

My hardware currently lies somewhere below the minimum specs which have been published by Microsoft, 'we need at least the cpu xyz, without that you'll not be able to even start the program msfs 2020!' .

Btw, may I ask you, once you are successful and you opened the msfs 2020 for the first time,

how long did you need to bring that monster download (!) to an end?

PS: I don't know if I will again be deleted for what I try to do now, but hey, I'm old enough. Delete me, and I'll come back. Here on my screen there is something which is called 'Upload attachments'. And imho, that knob wouldn't be there if you get deleted once you use it. So. Strictly taken, this is offtopic. But it is one of the best versions of Randazzo's LH-B744 fsx which you can buy, only the QOTSII might be better. But the number in the upper left corner is my frames per second (fps), with LH-B744 QOTSI fsx by Randazzo inflight. Try to reach that number with your computer, with msfs 2020!

[That again is a night flight, so you might switch off the lights in your room to have good view on it.]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jetphotos Upload 024.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	874.5 KB
ID:	1101136
                                I love that bird!
                                Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-10-23, 00:53. Reason: One of the best a/c which Randazzo sells, and not available for msfs 2020!!

Comment

Working...
                                X