No announcement yet.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Together with Gabriel, I agree on the circumstance that msfs 2020 (again) is a cpu eater (dt.: cpu Fresser), and, that both of us don't own (yet) a computer which even would be able to start that shiny new simulator.

Microsoft himself has published the cpu which at least would be able to open msfs 2020. Nobody guarantees us that this cpu is able to produce pictures in motion. As I understand it, for pictures in motion, something above 20 fps, together with msfs 2020, you need something completely different.

This is a German weblink, but, if really needed, I'm able to translate:
    https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/p/mi...equirementstab

Ihr Gerät muss alle Mindestanforderungen erfüllen, um dieses Produkt öffnen zu können:
    [In English: Your computer must fulfil all the following system requirements to open the program 'msfs 2020']

Intel i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 . Which I don't have, none of those.

My question is, why does microsoft publish a cpu which is only good enough to open that program. When I buy that program, I like to fly that program. To make it short, I like to continue with the weblink mentioned above.

Ihr Gerät sollte diese Anforderungen erfüllen, um das beste Ergebnis zu erzielen.
    [In English: Your computer must fulfil all the following system requirements if you like to open and fly the program 'msfs 2020']

Intel i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 5 1500 X .

So. For this moment let's talk about the cpu. For me, that means, I need a new main board, a new cpu, probably new RAM, and for sure a new power supply. Not to mention the video card (not in this forum entry).

Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction.. Sind Sie ein Eichen Mann. No, I'm rather an Intel man. So.

Intel i5-8400 retail ("boxed") and brandnew, sold in Germany for 183,- € . Plus an "1151" main board, which I've never owned in my whole life.

I haven't yet asked Santa Claus, but that's a number to begin with.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-11-22, 22:51. Reason: an 1151 main board
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

For a short moment, I like to come back to my entry # 60 here in this topic. With msfs X in combination with Randazzo's LH-B744, I reach 72 fps . That's a number which all of us can only dream of in combination with msfs 2020 .

Afaik, the German gamestar magazine, which is the only game magazine which I sometimes buy, has tried the msfs 2020 with not less than the following cpu 'rocket', and they were not able to reach 30 fps (!):
      Intel i9-9900, which again runs on an 1151 main board.

PS: At gamestar, they use a slightly different screen resolution (dt.: Bildschirmauflösung) than me.
      I fly my fsx with Full HD (i.e. 1080p).
      Afaik, gamestar dared and tried the new msfs 2020 with 4K (!) . What can I say. You can try it, but then, live with less than 30 fps.
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-11-23, 00:00. Reason: 4K and 1151, that's Santa Clauses phone number isn't it

Comment

... Come on all you administrators, one or two words offtopic must be allowed. Now that we have Santa Clauses phone number.

He always comes with this song, doesn't he. ...Horses horses horses horses ....

Perry Como - Jingle Bells . And if you've also wondered (like me) how old this song is. Year 1957 (!) .

I wish for all of us a pretty nice rest of the November. And for all German speaking jetphotos members, with this song, einen schönen ersten Advent. Horses horses.

PS: And... today I like to continue another tradition which I began with Mr. Obama, here on this platform. How do you say happy birthday to the next President of the United States. Keep it rather simple, right. Happy Birthday, Mr Biden.
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-11-23, 01:04. Reason: Happy Birthday!

Comment

30 FPS is very adequate. And if it is 4K. you could get much more FPS with full HD (1080) which has 1/4 of the pixels.
          Even 20 FPS is enough. I've never heard people complaining that the cinema has only 24 FPS and TV 25 or 30 FPS.
          Yes, 30 is better than 20, and 40 / 45 is better than 30, anything more is a waste, humans cannot tell the difference.

And your comparison with FSK is meaningless, it is a 16-years-old software, when the i3/i5/i7 line of CPUs didn't eve exist (it was the time of the Pentium IV and the Core 2 duo)
          If you go to YouTube you will see people having decent frame rates with fairly basic hardware, but with low graphics quality settings.

He always comes with this song, doesn't he. ...Horses horses horses horses ....
          It is a ONE HORSE open sled. And I don't even get why it is one horse and not 2 reindeers.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Something

Comment

Write something.

Comment

Write something very stupid.

Hm. How far do we like to continue this game.

Comment

Since almost one hour I try to write something, as an answer to Gabriels forum entry. As long as that does not work, I will continue with rather something very stupid.

Comment

Horses.

Comment

Could it be that this forum server simply does not accept forum entries which are longer than one word, especially during the weekend.

Horses.

Comment

Well. It looks like as if I am your Senior Companion for tonight, for this special evening, for our Jetphotos Christmas Eve 2020. This year 2020 is a special year.

Since more than 40 years (!) , tonight is the first evening when I am home alone on Christmas Eve!
                        I was invited for tonight, but I told them, No. The German government did so very very very much to tell all the people who live in Germany, STOP, you must be home alone this Christmas. Or the damn virus will kill ya.

I am a brave German citizen. So I do what the German government ordered.

Back on topic. I hope that tonight I can fulfil also all the jetphotos forum rules. 110 % English. Probably that was not the case during my last forum entry here in this forum section...

91% English is not enough, as I assume tonight. But unfortunately, I have no longer in mind, what I tried to say last sunday.

Probably it was something like that.

As nobody of my jetphotos friends (I got two of them) or even nobody of the long year jetphotos seniors until today is able to post at least ONE msfs 2020 screenshot,
                        I should probably continue here with what I have done in the past.

Ms fsx screenshots. And I have new material.

First of all,

A Merry Christmas for all of us!

Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-12-24, 15:14. Reason: Daniel home alone, for the first time since more than 40 years!

Comment

So. My last fsx flight was, and I explained in my entry #71, why I do not yet fly the winter schedule 2020 (that damn virus):
                          LH #418 FRA 1315 - IAD 1555 nonstop, frequency 1234567, in the air for 8 hours and 40 minutes, a/c type 748 .

This is the Lufthansa Winter schedule 2016. The only thing which I altered is, time in the air, I really needed 8 hours and 50 minutes, and the a/c type. Which I altered from 748 to
                          Randazzo's LH-B744 .

Why this flight number, why this destination. Well. Due to my respect for the next President of the United States of America. Washington D.C. again becomes a good destination.

Jetphotos/ or rather, fsx screenshots? Yes. Stay tuned!

Comment

Less than 100% English is perfectly ok.

Merry Christmas
                            Fröhliche Weihnachten
                            Feliz Navidad
                            Feliz Natal
                            Buon Natale
                            Joyeux Noël
                            С Рождеством
                            圣诞节快乐
                            عيد ميلاد سعيد
                            חג מולד שמח
                            क्रिसमस की बधाई
                            メリークリスマス

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Si. Buon Natale!

Bom Natal!

... what do you think, are men who have reached an age, almost old as the bible , still able to learn a new foreign language?
                              or a completely new aircraft type (e.g. for ex Delta 777s)?

Btw, that's the reason why I sometimes write the German saying. I simply don't always know, how do you say 'Männer in einem biblischen Alter' en espagnol?

If the new year is like a Christmas present, I had only two wishes. Three international airports, to speak all the original languages they use there:
                              LIMJ Genova Sestri,
                              LPPT Lisboa Intl, and
                              SBGL Rio Galeao.

You only need 2 another languages, for 3 airports, but I don't tell you something new, as I assume..

Feliz Navidad, my friend.

PS: Now you own two red stripes. So, that seems to be something good, isn't it? 'Will be famous' .
                              That's an honest question, I don't know what these stripes mean.
                              And LH #418 is coming to you. I only have something to eat on the table.
                              Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-12-24, 20:41. Reason: The meal for Christmas Eve?

Comment

Really nobody with msfs 2020 screenshots, tonight? Well.

Then let me show the flight #418. Always with a saying of Mr Rolf Kalb (*1959, German Snooker expert) in mind, 'Only a one year old, used Queue tip is a good Queue tip (dt.: Pomeranze).' .
                                I can totally second his opinion.

Only an aircraft type which is in the fleet since more than one year is a good a/c type.

Here are the pictures, all and everything is fsx. I hope three are not too much. From Rhein/Main to Dulles International, nonstop.

[Deleted by the author. To avoid server overload.]
                                01: Fsgrw with German winter weather in use.

[Deleted by the author. To avoid server overload.]
                                02: The Father Rhine, somehwere North of Rhein/Main ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jetphotos Upload 027.jpg Views:	7 Size:	904.0 KB ID:	1105695
                                03: Nonstop 8hrs50mins in the air, and arrived at Dulles Intl, which in fsx somehow seems a little bit like the Chinese wall, doesn't it.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-01-05, 16:18. Reason: Minus two pictures, to avoid server overload.

Comment

Working...
                                X