Microsoft Flight Simulator is back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
    PS: Now you own two red stripes. So, that seems to be something good, isn't it? 'Will be famous' .
    That's an honest question, I don't know what these stripes mean.
    I have no idea either.

BTW, I will not spend Christmas alone because I live with my wife and children, but we will be the only ones, and the same for New Year.
    With COVID at its peak in all the world in general and in the United States in particular, it is the sensible thing to do.

BTW 2: Very nice pictures, even if they are FSX and not FS2020

Stay safe.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

I have no idea either.

BTW 2: Very nice pictures, even if they are FSX and not FS2020

Stay safe.
      So, I wish you a happy New Year, and also for all the human beings which are around you, for the bigger humans and also for the smaller humans...

I have no idea either.
      Ok. Well. Let's take it as.. You are the Flight Captain and I am your F/O. Although the Original difference in the real world would only be one stripe...
      I think it is a positive thing. Your stripes say "will be famous". My stripes say "is on a distinguished route" . Nothing negative about it.

And thank you for your praise of fsx. That is not really a bad simulator, especially not if you think of system requirements (!) . If it is true that until today still nobody has published a msfs 2020 screenshot, I like to continue with my fsx.

I just wonder, how many pictures are good for only one topic. This is #77 here in this topic, so, my plan is, not to overload this topic with pictures. What would you say.
      Not more than 5 pictures at the same time in only one topic?

That would mean that on one day in the future, I had to delete one or two of my earlier pictures. Which is part of my plan.

I ask because there is one person here on this platform who deleted a whole topic which I opened, only because he thought that too many pictures are in it... (!)
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

So, I have just perceived that the pictures which you praised fsx for are here in this topic, #75.

And really nobody here in this topic has published one msfs 2020 screenshot since. So...

I have new material. Plus two new pictures. Btw is it correct that pictures do not really vanish when I delete the (medium size) thumbnail in one of my forum entries? They stay visible, as attachments. Which in my eyes is not a problem.

So, plus 2 (all fsx, I don't own another simulator!):
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Jetphotos Upload 028.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	1,007.4 KB
ID:	1106453
        02 (total in this topic): I thought that I had something to do against that very odd impression in #75, which really could have been an airport everywhere. This now finally seems like Dulles International.

Name:	Jetphotos Upload 029.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	796.8 KB
ID:	1106454
        03 (total in this topic): Bad visibility (vis) during my departure to KOXB , which rather sounds like an experienced Flight Captain. But I was only lookin for an airport near the Ocean,
        which is one of my hobbies.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
          I just wonder, how many pictures are good for only one topic. This is #77 here in this topic, so, my plan is, not to overload this topic with pictures. What would you say.
          Not more than 5 pictures at the same time in only one topic?
          If you ask me, and that is just my opinion, go ahead and open a new thread for each new flight or experience for which you want to share pictures, and share as many pictures as you like.

The FSX pictures that you are sharing here are very nice but they are kind of off topic in this thread (which is about MS launching the new version of MFS).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

If you ask me, and that is just my opinion, go ahead and open a new thread for each new flight or experience for which you want to share pictures, and share as many pictures as you like.

The FSX pictures that you are sharing here are very nice but they are kind of off topic in this thread (which is about MS launching the new version of MFS).
            Hm. You have read my problem with people who delete whole topics especially when this topics have been opened by me?

And my idea is, with every picture of mine here in this topic, all msfs 2020 owners think ... well, that is fsx? I can do that better!

That's an invitation for all msfs 2020 owners.

Do not only own msfs 2020, but fly it! And send the first msfs 2020 jetphoto picture ever (ever ever ever) to the jetphotos community, here in this topic, to us!

PS: Gabriel, are you sure, a new topic for each of my flights? Since my #75 here in this topic, EDDF - KIAD (route 1) , that would mean three new topics/routes: KIAD - KOXB (route 2),
            and KOXB - KIAD (route 3).
            Before I again go back to the cockpit of Randazzo's LH-B744 to cross the pond, another two routes are planned: KIAD - KORD (route 4) and KORD - KIAD (route 5). In a simulator, which is my #2 all time favorite,
            Randazzo's historic UA-B744, and only in this one livery:
            She was in the desert of Victorville at the beginning of 2010. As the year wraps up, this 14-year old 747 is arriving in Chicago with a nasty wind chill. I guarantee she'd rather be here than sitting in the heat.. N194UA. Boeing 747-422. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I'd never buy a grey car, but in this combination, and only in this combination, together with nightblue pinstripes, I'd again rethink this decision.
            UA Battleship Grey, is the official name of that color.
            Brilliant.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-01-05, 17:19. Reason: The first msfs 2020 jetphoto picture ever. Not yet published.

Comment

What I could do is, open a new topic for each International airport which I reach with my simulator. Such as... look at it, KIAD fsx, look at it, KORD fsx. That would only make 2 new topics, although I use KIAD with two different a/c types, the Beech B58 and the B744, and for three destinations, KOXB, KORD and EDDF. Well, from now on, I'll try your idea, Gabriel.

But that does not change my invitation. Here we need the first msfs 2020 jetphotos picture ever.

Not necessarily with a Beech B58, which is more expensive in msfs 2020 than other a/c types (!) ...

PS: Gabriel, do you know the full list of a/c types for msfs2020? I have this list here on my table, but let me mention only two or three a/c types in msfs 2020
              which are not more expensive than others:
              the Beech B350 King Air twin turbopropeller, the Airbus A320 neo, and ... the Boeing B747-800 .

It seems that if a simulator is built by microsoft, the Boeing 747 has to be in it, without extra payment. That was the case for fs9, for fsx, and that's the case
              for msfs 2020. My question for Flight Captain Randazzo would be, how does he think about it.
              In my eyes, the microsoft version of the 747 is only the fuselage, if at all. And again that has not changed since fs9.

If you ask me, for msfs 2020 standard version, they should have left out the 747, and better include the Beech B58. A twin piston propeller, only with extra payment? Strange things happen in the msfs 2020 world..
              Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-01-05, 18:42. Reason: A/c types for msfs 2020, standard version.

Comment

Gabriel, I have followed your idea, and I opened an extra topic, for fsx or x-plane or prepar3d pilots who like to share youtube videos or "only" pictures which we take out of our simulator.
                This time, KIAD International.

And until today, I have received zero answers, i.e. zero pictures. But, and now you have to be brave, I started my KIAD topic exactly 14 days ago. Only.

And you started this topic.. more than six months ago, with the same result, exactly zero msfs 2020 pictures!

I know at least one (!) jetphotos member who flies fsx or x-plane or prepar3d. But he rather prefers the West Coast. And I told him, be patient, the LH-B744 is also good for the West Coast...
                Where I really prefer Seattle WA or the SF bay. So, stay tuned.

But what can we say about msfs 2020. Is it already dead before it really took off?

Two reasons for me to be still after msfs 2020 could only be:
                1. Doering would show us a youtube msfs 2020 video. But he prefers x-plane 11.50.
                2. One man (or one woman) on this planet would decide to become a shiny new jetphotos forum member, with a msfs 2020 simulator picture from KASE Aspen Co airport.

Aspen Colorado is an airport where I would celebrate what happened on January 20th 2021. Minus 6°C and light snowfall. I am a winter child, I love snow.

But you bet, I can send you a 'very nice fsx' picture, that's what you always say, and again thank you, so, a very nice fsx picture from Aspen Colorado
                BEFORE
                we here receive our first jetphotos forum msfs 2020 picture ever ever ever!

What would you bet. I'd say two full bottles (70 cl each) of Jack Daniels Old No.7 .

PS: The bet now is closed, i.e. the bet runs only between Gabriel and me.
                Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-01-21, 03:43. Reason: No msfs2020 pilots on this planet? Not my fault. Now you only watch who enjoys such a good bottle.

Comment

As a fair sportsman, I can give you 48 hours to accept the bet, or deny it. Gabriel. But if you deny, you can bet who enjoys these two good bottles..

Ok. I'll give us the ETA, based on Lohausen International Time Zone (zulu +1).

The estimated time of arrival for this bet is January 21st 2021, 0420z -- plus 48 hours. So.

By Saturday, Jan 23rd 2021, 0421z , I am the lucky one and the two good bottles are for me, if I fulfil the bet, described here in my #82.

PS: You can assume that the noble donor of what you can win here is also me. Which otherwise would also not be fair.
                  Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-01-21, 04:47.

Comment

Offtopic, I know. But for the last time here in this topic, and only to make clear that Gabriel and me since more than six months were not able to find at least one, and I mean
                    only one active msfs 2020 pilot on planet Earth!
                    Here is my part of the bet, I promised a nice KASE Aspen fsx winter picture, before even the very first msfs 2020 pilot appears here in this topic. And I win the bet. Or did you expect something else. Here they are, 3 Aspen winter pictures, I wasn't sure which one is the best (a/c type Beech B5 :

Name:	Jetphotos Upload 031.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1107575
                    Aspen fsx 01, the KASE rwy 33 on a nice winter morning, the sun is somewhere East of us, but she also needs another coffee to really get up.

Name:	Jetphotos Upload 032.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1107576
                    Aspen fsx 02, cleared for t/o rwy 33, then turn left. In this picture the 33 is at your 2 o'clock. So, our heading was.. 165? Almost parallel to the rwy 15, which is also visible in the picture, at your 11 o'clock! And all that filmed at alt 13,000 (Flughöhe 3970 meter) or higher, I was quite happy to sit in a Beech B58, and not in a small Cessna...

Name:	Jetphotos Upload 033.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	983.2 KB
ID:	1107577
                    ...because this is what happens South of Aspen. Obstacles in the area? yes. Mountainous scenery!
                    Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-01-21, 06:53. Reason: The two good bottles stay here, unfortunately :-P

Comment

1- FS2020 is not dead. They sold so many copies (well, downloads), they are still selling strong, they are launching it now for Xbox which will open a whole new niche that never ever had a real flight simulator available, they are still strongly supporting the product with fixes and new features developed and being made available every month as free upgrades, and the 3rd party community is starting to add products too (mainly planes). All this movement will keep growing, the 3rd parties will keep delivering new and better products (all the big ones are working on FS2020 versions of their product and many stopped the development of X-Plane and P3D to assign the resources to FS2020) and the computes that can run FS2020 with good graphics and good FPS will keep getting more available and cheaper (while new computers with even better performance will gope to light for those who can and will afford it).

2- What is the bet about? I didn't get it.

3- Nice pictures again! I've never been to Aspen in real life but I've been there virtually in multiple versions of multiple simulators. I love the challenging approach. Another nice one is Jackson Hole. Try it some day. Or for a really beautiful and challenging one, try the visual approach to the RWY 16 of the old Ushuaia airport (SAWO, now reserved only for general aviation, but the AR 737-200 used to operate there daily).

Comment

1- FS2020 is not dead. They sold so many copies (well, downloads), they are still selling strong, they are launching it now for Xbox which will open a whole new niche that never ever had a real flight simulator available, they are still strongly supporting the product with fixes and new features developed and being made available every month as free upgrades, and the 3rd party community is starting to add products too (mainly planes). All this movement will keep growing, the 3rd parties will keep delivering new and better products (all the big ones are working on FS2020 versions of their product and many stopped the development of X-Plane and P3D to assign the resources to FS2020) and the computes that can run FS2020 with good graphics and good FPS will keep getting more available and cheaper (while new computers with even better performance will gope to light for those who can and will afford it).

2- What is the bet about? I didn't get it.

3- Nice pictures again! I've never been to Aspen in real life but I've been there virtually in multiple versions of multiple simulators. I love the challenging approach. Another nice one is Jackson Hole. Try it some day. Or for a really beautiful and challenging one, try the visual approach to the RWY 16 of the old Ushuaia airport (SAWO, now reserved only for general aviation, but the AR 737-200 used to operate there daily).
                        ad 1. Yes, I also assume that especially in August 2020, when msfs 2020 was published, they sold so many monster downloads so that all the servers which they had said 'No no no, give me a break.' and earlier as when they expected it they really were not able to provide one single download slot with at least (!) 25 or better 30 Mbit speed per customer... I have heard of customers who on their end of the telephone line had 100 Mbit speed, but even those very lucky people needed 4 hours and 30 minutes to only complete the monster download. And they even thought that 4h30 is acceptable and quite fast..
                        Well. I know how far I can get in a LH-B744 during 4h30minutes. That's time enough to leave the European continent: Tel Aviv, Cairo, Marsa Alam, et cetera.. I can say that never in my life, not during the past 42.9 years I have waited for a download during 4 or 5 hours.

ad 2. Only one of my rather bad jokes. I thought that two bottles of good Bourbon would cause at least one msfs 2020 pilot to appear here,
                        with one msfs 2020 picture. And I was wrong.

ad 3. Man, thanks again. I've not been to Aspen either outside of a simulator. UA provides flights between Denver and Aspen for both, the winter schedule and the summer schedule. That at least was valid for the year 2019... .... ..................
                        I was humble and tried Aspen only with a Beech B58 . But they have a runway which is long enough for more. 7820 AMSL, and then there are men who take off in CR7 jets. In Germany, they would call you crazy if you only attempted to think about something like that. The highest airport in Germany for CR7 jets? I don't know everything. EDDS Stuttgart Leinfelden Echterdingen
                        (1276 AMSL)? So, my next step for Aspen should be the fsx Beech B350 Super King Air.

First of all, the CR7 Flight Captains on real jetphotos :
                        N782SK. Bombardier CRJ-701ER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
                        Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-01-29, 08:40. Reason: ..

Comment

What is your opinion?

Do you like Flight Simulator or X-plane?

Personally, I used Flight simulator while I do not have any experience with X-plane but I have seen the community is quite extremist.

Once they use one simulator, they do not want to move and try another one

Comment

Originally posted by gurrit View Post
                            What is your opinion?

Do you like Flight Simulator or X-plane?

Personally, I used Flight simulator while I do not have any experience with X-plane but I have seen the community is quite extremist.

Once they use one simulator, they do not want to move and try another one
                            Hm. That's a very good question. Jetphotos has just reported that you are a jetphotos member since... yesterday.

Well. For our very new junior junior members who are here indeed since less one week, I have always prepared one welcome ceremony.

Dear new member, feel welcome here in the jetphotos world. Let there be many more forum entries for you and for me. [music.]

Back on topic.

Your question was, msfs 2020 or x-plane, right? For me, the answer is easy. Neither nor. I am an fsx man since.. 2012 . And only almost ten years later I have discovered,
                            that at least for a man with my nickname, the story will be continued in prepar3d. So, neither nor. fsx and p3dv4, in my case.

Greetings.

Comment

This time they made an amazing job. Microsoft will be happy, they will increase their incomes with this game

Comment

Money rules the world. So, I don't see a problem when microsoft makes money with aviation. I have supported that fact when I bought fsx many many years ago.

Recently somebody asked me, what is the predecessor of p3dv4. Imho, one answer is, fsx. Not each and every person in the simulator world agrees on that assumption with me. At fs global they say, no no no, fsgrw fsx is much too old to be upgraded to fsgrw p3dv4 for a few dollars or for 15 US-$. The result is, they today still charge 39,- Euro for fsgrw fsx (!), and,
                                for an existing customer like me, they charge another 29,- Euro (or 34 US-$) for fsgrw p3dv4. Which is worth a try, but today I say no, I don't support that.

The msfs 2020 topic is similar. The simulator platform itself is .. 70,- Euro for the msfs 2020 standard version , but that is not enough if you sit on a home airport like me.
                                EDDL msfs 2020 is charged with another... 30,- Euro .
                                Et cetera.

I can fully understand people who say, give me a rest, I've invested xxx dollars in fsx. Give me a rest before I repeat that with msfs 2020 .

Comment

Working...
                                X