Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight

In June, the new version of the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released. However, not much seems to have changed, and especially the screenshots look as if from FS2002. The only change I'm aware of are the 3 historical planes...

Grtz,

Nicki
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    My JetPhotos.Net pictures

What about the hugely improved ATC?
    Diversion, request new altitudes, halt takeoffs of VFR planes if weather goes bad, allows planes to route around bad weather, directing you to the airport if you get lost, sequencing systems, multiple runways usage, SELECTIVE approach and runways and so on... the only thing I'm not sure is declaring emergencies..
    Can I say not buying it? I have not even count things in the GPS!

Comment

I just hope they updated the JFK scenery. If not I'm not spending the money on it.

Comment

I think it will be worth buying it just for the huge weather updates. The clouds look fantastic in the new one with shallow fog banks, nice fluffy clouds not the generic ones now. I can't wait, although I am very disappointed they didn't include more modern aircraft, like an MD11, Tristar, and turboprops like a DHC8, Dornier or the like. Would it kill them to include something foreign? Do they not acknowledge that there's so much more to aviation that USA's contribution?....or are they neglecting the world on purpose?
        Have a look at my photos, including Kai Tak crazy landings!http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=460

Comment

Yes, you're right about the ATC and the weather, but is that alone worth $75 (or whatever it 'll cost)?

Grtz,

Nicki
          My JetPhotos.Net pictures

Comment

$75?!

Don't forget I live in HKG, where it will cost me about $3.

However I normally buy real copies of FS, as I believe it is worth it, and I know I will get a good product.
            Have a look at my photos, including Kai Tak crazy landings!http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=460

Comment

Hi all

I'll be buying FS2002 as soon as it's available.........just to get a look at those clouds

I ain't worried about the old aircraft included.....there are tons of stuff on the flight sim site to add on the the program.

Here's to happy FS2004 flying

Cheers

Gary

Comment

I just bought FS2002 a year back. I think it would be quite pointless to go and buy FS2004 just as I've got 2002 set up. And frankly, i am more then happy with FS2002
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Will there be any major diffenrences to FS 2002 than just the clouds?
                  If not Mycrosoft is just after the money.
                  Andy

Comment

Originally posted by LH 340-600
                    If not Microsoft is just after the money.
                    Isnt Microsoft always after nothing but money?

They always charge over the top prices for there products.

Joe,
                    | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Oh, so now Microsoft is coming out with another version of FS2004 just after I bought FS2002 2 days ago Oh welll, since Nicki Mks said that the only change looks like the 3 historical planes, I'm not all that mad
                      My Pics!

Comment

Working...
                      X