Aviation slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation slides

Is there anyone out there that can help me with an aviation slide collection. My father left my thousands of aviation slides he has taken over many many years. It will be quite the job to index them all, but not sure if how to go about what I have here. Thinking about donating to museum, but maybe others might have different opinion on what to do with them. Mostly military, but he was very big into Oshkosh/EAA as well. Any help would be appreciated.

You could always sell them on Ebay. Other to that you are better off to scan them first before donating them to a museum.

Comment

Hi John:
      There are several places to sell aviation slides as http://www.aircraftslides.com/ or https://www.aviationtrade.com/ but if you want to sell the lot you could do it on eBay.
      Anyway, any buyer would need an estimate quantity, dates and airframes covered, brand of slides (there's a lot of collectors who only look for Kodachrome) and that you could scan some samples.
      Perhaps if you give an idea here you could find a direct buyer, though I don't know if the forum rules allow to do it.
      Whatever you do, try to find them a secure place as there are a lot of collections being lost and it's a real shame.
      Regards!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Slides, like evacuation slides???

Comment

Originally posted by DK_Edits View Post
          Slides, like evacuation slides???
          Probably not, Probably photos
          Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
          If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
          ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
            Probably not, Probably photos
            I couldn't see the photos of it rn I'm in school and the block alot of things but I will check them when I get home

Comment

A slide is photo printed on positive film (in contrast with a negative film what one would put in the camera to capture pictures, when we were using film instead of digital). This negative film is developed and then the positive picture is printed on a positive film. There were also positive films that you would put in the camera directly and when you developed it it was directly a positive.

In any case, the you cut the frames (each individual picture) of the positive film and put each of them in a plastic frame of specific dimensions and there you have the slides. Then you put the slides in a projector and project the pictures on a screen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	164.1 KB ID:	1182389

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	190.5 KB ID:	1182391
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	92.7 KB ID:	1182392

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                A slide is photo printed on positive film (in contrast with a negative film what one would put in the camera to capture pictures, when we were using film instead of digital). This negative film is developed and then the positive picture is printed on a positive film. There were also positive films that you would put in the camera directly and when you developed it it was directly a positive.

In any case, the you cut the frames (each individual picture) of the positive film and put each of them in a plastic frame of specific dimensions and there you have the slides. Then you put the slides in a projector and project the pictures on a screen.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	164.1 KB ID:	1182389

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	190.5 KB ID:	1182391
                Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	92.7 KB ID:	1182392
                Thats pretty cool!!

Comment

Working...
                X