Safety Card Collecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Card Collecting

I'm not a new safety card collector (I've been getting them since 1990 or so), but I've been pretty much collecting in isolation -- I don't know anyone else that does, so I don't really know how other people collect.

I would be interested to hear from other safety card collectors about what you collect, how you acquire it, how you keep track of your collection, etc.

To start, my own story -- My primary interest is safety cards from the airlines of Canada, past and present. However, I don't restrict myself to this, and any card from any type of aircraft of any airline of any era is of interest to me.

I started when I visited the Airliners International show in Toronto in 1989. I bought a couple of CSA IL-62 cards, originally as a bit of a joke (I was going to put them in the pockets in front of the back seats of my car). However, I ended up starting to collect cards instead.

I acquire the cards by any means available to me. As I don't fly much, my primary means of acquisition is friends and co-workers that travel, and pick up cards for me. I also get some through friends that work for airlines, and I occasionally buy them at aviation collectibles shows in my area. I've never actually bought off eBay, but I've looked there, and would consider it if the material was sufficiently interesting. I've never traded, but would consider doing so.

I keep my cards organized in 3" binders, stored in sheet holders. They're organized in alphabetical order within various categories (Canadian airlines, United States airlines, International airlines). I don't currently have a list of my holdings, but I've decided to create one, so that I can tell (if I encounter people selling/trading cards) what I have, and what I need.

Martin Keenan

Although I have not yet determined the prices, I just completed the listing of spares (I now concentrate and focus on airplanes I flew) on

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

Here you will find 5 from AC

Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Finally I collect them all and am trading AGAIN

How I sort them : by alphabetical order.

It's painstaking at first hand but proves very practical, as far I am concerned, much more than sorting by country entries which leads in sub-sorting in alphabetical order over and again.

Keeping track : on my Zire21,

Listing developps as follow : SAFETY-name of the airline. Text filled with
      - type of aircraft
      - reference
      - how it shows : either folder + number of pages or card + single or two sides

Acquiring them

Pretty much the same ways as yours

Wish trading and altogether add a means of acquiring ?

No problem, my pleasure should I can contribute ! all cards listed are avialable for trade, you have to hurry somewhat as I update the listings. During the last week, I erased 15 entries as the related cards are gone.

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
      X