Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone out there collecting timetables ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there collecting timetables ?

Wonder if anyone collecting timetables wants to get in touch...I am looking for contacts all over the world ! And if so...what do you collect and how is your collection sorted ? As many different airlines as possible ? Issues ? Completeness ? System timetables only ? Let me know what your chaos looks like and how you did it ...Look forward to read from you !

I like the ones from BA like the one attached...could a collector design a better one ?

Well, you're probably aware that I am focussing my attention strictly on DL timetables . Though I also have a few others that I collected "as a side", primarily in the airport lounge in HAM, and at the check-in counters in JAX, when they were still available.

Comment

I have a ton of Timetables.....I base my selection on everything and anything avaliable at the airport. Every year while in Germany, I try to snag as many as possible. My fav. are probably Co ones from 99-01, which, if I can still find them, are in really bad shape cause IO was really young then and took it for granted Co printed them, which, of course, they stopped!

Comment

Do airlines still publish timetables, and if so where can one go about finding them?

Comment

I started collecting timetables a couple of years ago.
          I use them to see my connecting flights and what leg I might use next time I travel and stuff. Before I go upstairs for my flight I wander around trough the bookings desks in CPH and in summer in MNL, I have BA's, LH's, CX's, Alitalia, 5J's, AY's (almost all the airlines serving CPH)..
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I've only got a couple Jetsgo time tables.

Comment

I've got a few timetables that airlines have sent me in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                I've got a few timetables that airlines have sent me in the mail.
                Hmmm hows that gonna be part of your collectables if you have it in your email? Are you printing them out ?

John

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                  Hmmm hows that gonna be part of your collectables if you have it in your email? Are you printing them out ?
                  John
                  I've got a few timetables that airlines have sent me in the mail
                  Mail = snail mail (postal service)

But how did you manage to get them in the mail? Would airlines bother to send any if I ask?

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                    But how did you manage to get them in the mail? Would airlines bother to send any if I ask?
                    Ngek Oops My bad !
                    Oh I had that option too not long ago, If you ask them polite, they'de be more then happy to send it to your via mail. Unless you're talking with them personally, They might just hand the timetable over the counter ! But either way, you always end up getting one ! WEll some are lucky. though! Hmm

Comment

Got a USAir one (or had) from the early nineties. It advertised "USAir Arriving on your computer desktop," one of the first airlines to put a website up. Got a WN one laying around too. Also, have a United Air Atlas from the 1960's, no schedules on it just route map and something interesting information.

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206

I just send airlines a gernric e-mail asking for stuff, signing with my name and mailing address, of the 30 or 40 airlines I've e-mailed, about 3/4 have sent me stuff, or have told me they would send stuff, and of that 1/4 left over, most havent responded. Tho a lot of the airlines dont respond to me, they just send me stuff.

Comment

I have always collected them were I can.My pride and joy are still my Wardair canada timetables that range from 1985 to 1988.I also have some rare ones like Points of call who was a YEG based DC-8 charter airline in the mid to late 80s.I have multis of most and I am willing to trade.
                          Fly Edmonton first.Canadas gateway to the north.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                            I just send airlines a gernric e-mail asking for stuff, signing with my name and mailing address, of the 30 or 40 airlines I've e-mailed, about 3/4 have sent me stuff, or have told me they would send stuff, and of that 1/4 left over, most havent responded. Tho a lot of the airlines dont respond to me, they just send me stuff.
                            Cool thanks for the tip. I should try that myself

Comment

You'd be surprised how generous some airlines are

Comment

Working...
                              X