RC Heli or Plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Heli or Plane?

I'm thinking of buying a beginner radio control model (around $150 NZD). It's ready to fly, electric power etc. One thing I can't decide on though is whether to get a generic helicopter or Cessna 182. The heli would be cool since you can use it in your back yard etc. but the Cessna would be easier to fly. Any thoughts? Thanks

I'd personally say the Cessna but I am biased from my model flying days.
    http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

I'de say go for the RC Helo.
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

A couple of years ago i bought a ready to fly plane, it was great. Even the salesmen told us to first buy a plane rather then a heil becasue the heil is way harder to fly, and is also like 5 times the price. Good luck with your purchase, and have fun

Comment

planes a much easier to fly then helos. I have a plane, and I tried my uncles helo once, it was a real pain in the a$$ to learn, remember a helo can hover, fly side ways, backwards, and do some very scarry manuvering on top of the normal forward/up/down stuff that a plane does. In short -> get a plane.
          Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
          Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Go for the plane, the Helo has more moving parts and little enignes, means it breaks easier
            Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
            - Metzgermeister

Comment

Yep, looks like it'll be the plane. Maybe I can move on to a heli later. Thanks all

Comment

The Cessna looks nice.
                Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                X