Safty cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safty cards

If i 'borrowed' a safty card off an airline and they caught me taking it.....Would they have a stress at me or is my dad talking $h*t to scare me from taking one?

Thanks

See, Sam, the trick is to not get caught! I usually 'accidentally' slip it into the inflight magazine, which most airlines permit, if not encourage, you from taking off of the aircraft. As a by product, you also get a collection of magazines, which is also pretty neat, cuz they have inflight entertainment guides, airport terminal digrams, etc. in the rear index.
    Cheers,
    A.M.

Comment

Originally posted by US Airways
      See, Sam, the trick is to not get caught! I usually 'accidentally' slip it into the inflight magazine, which most airlines permit, if not encourage, you from taking off of the aircraft. As a by product, you also get a collection of magazines, which is also pretty neat, cuz they have inflight entertainment guides, airport terminal digrams, etc. in the rear index.
      Cheers,
      A.M.
      Ah right
      I normally fly My Travel and you don't want to take there magazinesThey normally have 3 months worth of airline meals down the front of them

Comment

You can also 'accidentally' slip the card into a magazine or book you bring with you -- I find that International Airpower Review works well. This might not be as convincing if you've got 2 or 3 of them in there...

Interestingly, some of the more honest people I know that have gathered cards for me have actually asked the cabin staff for one -- and not only gotten one, but a nice new one to boot. I've never tried this, but it does seem to work (sometimes, at least!).

Martin

Comment

Oh right thanks Im not flying for a long while as were skint So i'll wait until i fly and 'borrow' one

Comment

usually I just ask the Flight Attendant, and if they say no I usually slip one from another seat when I'm getting off the plane.
            Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
            Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
              Oh right thanks Im not flying for a long while as were skint So i'll wait until i fly and 'borrow' one
              Awww, sam, you poor thing! I'm willing to donate a (danish) MyTravel A321 S.card and a Maersk Air/Sterling Blue 737-??? (probably -500 or -700) card to keep up your spirits- drop me a line and I'll send them to you while I'm in england

Comment

Hmmm I should have to the NW magazine, it was brand new, the winter 2006 magazine and I was flying them Jan. 1st.

Anyway, taking saftey cards is horrible! You should all be ashamed. Strangley, everytime I get up once we pull into the gate, my hand slips and next thing you know, I have a saftey card or two in my camera bag! Very odd, it seems to have happen everytime I fly.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                  Hmmm I should have to the NW magazine, it was brand new, the winter 2006 magazine and I was flying them Jan. 1st.

Anyway, taking saftey cards is horrible! You should all be ashamed. Strangley, everytime I get up once we pull into the gate, my hand slips and next thing you know, I have a saftey card or two in my camera bag! Very odd, it seems to have happen everytime I fly.
                  yeah, its really weird how that always happens!

Janni, mind givind ME a couple safetycards???
                  Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by janni-chan
                    Awww, sam, you poor thing! I'm willing to donate a (danish) MyTravel A321 S.card and a Maersk Air/Sterling Blue 737-??? (probably -500 or -700) card to keep up your spirits- drop me a line and I'll send them to you while I'm in england
                    Thanks for the offer Janni i'll keep it in mind
                    Originally posted by [email protected]
                    Janni, mind givind ME a couple safetycards???
                    Not think you've got enough stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
                      Not think you've got enough stuff?
                      you can NEVER have too much aviation related stuff
                      Forever New Frontiers

Comment

I usually fly LOT and they have great "Kaleidoscope" magazine with airprot diagrams, fleet page, and map with all connections. So I just put everything I want in there Once I was lucky as there were two safety crads in my pocket so i took one and left the other one :P

Comment

Folks, taking a safety card from aeroplanes is technically theft however you sneak them off. You could also be in danger of being open to prosecution for tampering with an aeroplanes safety equipment. Please just ask the cabin crew or the pilot and I am sure that they will be helpful as there are normally a few spares on board to replace damaged ones!

Years ago my uncle used to collect them for me, and thats what he did. I may be about to sell them on e-bay, so if anyone is interested pleaase let me know, cannot remember all the ones but the inclued Bcal 1-11, Viscount, 3series of RAF VC10, plus several others.

Comment

Originally posted by thecloudbuster
                            Folks, taking a safety card from aeroplanes is technically theft however you sneak them off. You could also be in danger of being open to prosecution for tampering with an aeroplanes safety equipment. Please just ask the cabin crew or the pilot and I am sure that they will be helpful as there are normally a few spares on board to replace damaged ones!

Years ago my uncle used to collect them for me, and thats what he did. I may be about to sell them on e-bay, so if anyone is interested pleaase let me know, cannot remember all the ones but the inclued Bcal 1-11, Viscount, 3series of RAF VC10, plus several others.

I'd be interested in everything if the price isnt too high

when you put them up for sale mind posting some links to them?
                            Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by thecloudbuster
                              Eh, when I was a little younger I asked twice, and got negitive awnsers.

"Are you serious?" and "No, theres no reason you need one."
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X