Do People Buy Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do People Buy Cards?

I'm not hip with the trading but I was wondering if people actually buy safety cards. I got about 20 Delta 737-200 ones brand new that I pulled from the package

Im looking to get into the hobby. From what I have seen people buy them. How much are you looking to sell them for?

Comment

I dont know many people who would pay for those, even if they are brand new.

if you wanted to push it I'd say about $0.50-1.00 each

depending on what you decide, I may take a couple

Bok269, buying them is a last resort really, I've got over 150 and I've bought 10. 8 of which I used for trading for better cards.

Comment

By getting them off planes?

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
          By getting them off planes?

full sentences?

Comment

SOrry. [Now I realize it was a dumb question, so never mind]

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
              SOrry. [Now I realize it was a dumb question, so never mind]

haha, alright

Comment

Naa I work at the ramp at the airport and we get packages of them in case planes need new ones in seats. Since the 737-200 isn't flying anymore for Delta, there were a bunch laying around so I took a few.

Comment

you feel like donating a couple to a worthy cause?

and if you want I can try and sell them among my buddies... lmao

Comment

I really think it depends on the year they were printed, what aircraft type, and airline too. Since Delta's 732s are gone, then there should be some who are willing for them. Just try ebay if you want to sell them. Once I got a US Airways A320 safety card from someone and there was one thing wrong with it. It had a A319 pictured and not the A320 since it has 4 overwing exits. I actually sold it to a friend who collects them and he was enthusiastic when he got it. There are people willing to get them and if they are in good condition then they may be worth more.
                    Last edited by CcrlR; 2007-04-09, 00:40.

Comment

I'd be interested in buying a few. I'll talk to you about it on AIM or something. Or mabey later tonight in bed.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

if you sell them then you can get money. especially if they are old(1980-2000) every year you have them they become more valuble
                        I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

I do not collect safety-cards as of yet, however I have been considering it.

Rescently I got the chance to go in (not fly) a Sriwijaya Air B737-200 in Bali, chat to the crew, take some pics, visit to the flight deck..etc One other spotter who was also there asked if he could have a safety-card they looked a bit shocked but said yes. I did get a picture of it, although I myself wasn't that interested.
                          Now, would something like that be considered 'rare'?

Cheers
                          Neil.

Comment

depends how old they are
                            I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Originally posted by NeilA330
                              I do not collect safety-cards as of yet, however I have been considering it.

Rescently I got the chance to go in (not fly) a Sriwijaya Air B737-200 in Bali, chat to the crew, take some pics, visit to the flight deck..etc One other spotter who was also there asked if he could have a safety-card they looked a bit shocked but said yes. I did get a picture of it, although I myself wasn't that interested.
                              Now, would something like that be considered 'rare'?

Cheers
                              Neil.
                              This can be called a rare bird, you might be one of a few outside visitors who have flown this particular 737.
                              Otherwise, a rare card can also associate with
                              an aircraft type long gone from a given fleet : ie 707s & DC.8s and increasingly 727s
                              an airline flying in some "difficult" country, almost no one wants travelling to for a variety of reasons.
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                              X