X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions
    replied
    Hi there

I just finished a drawing of a Lufthansa B744 on Rotation, what do u guys think??

Cheers
    Frikkie

Leave a comment:

• Lions
    replied
    Originally posted by Will_Power
    Thanks
    Acrylic, it could use a little more detail, but it is not that big, and the picture did not show much detail as it is backlit (obviously).
    Hi there
    Ok but your surfase on the drawing pad is a bit rough try when painting small- a more smooth surface

Cheers
    Frikkie

Leave a comment:

• Will_Power
    replied
    Originally posted by Lions
    Is this in oil or acrylic? nice just needs a bit of detail

Frikkie
    Thanks
    Acrylic, it could use a little more detail, but it is not that big, and the picture did not show much detail as it is backlit (obviously).

Leave a comment:

• Lions
    replied
    Originally posted by Will_Power
    I have a picture of a painting, this one I did recently (I bet you can see the resemblance to my avatar). Before I have made better ones, that are bigger, and more detailed. Unfortunately those are in storage.

Is this in oil or acrylic? nice just needs a bit of detail

Frikkie

Leave a comment:

• Lions
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxPower
    Yes Sir, It does help alot. Thanks for the snapshot. Now I can be more specific when loking for the items. Man, looking back at my drawings up there, the wheels just look plain ugly.:P Thanks anyway Frikkie. I shall practice more on the wheels to make them appear more like tridimensional.

It is all my pleasure any help dont hesitate to ask me

Frikkie

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Hi there John
    Here is a snapshot

Now on the left you will see the two sponge's I use that is also for sharing (General) but the brush is for detail shading
    Hope it help, anything else do let me know Frikkie
    Yes Sir, It does help alot. Thanks for the snapshot. Now I can be more specific when loking for the items. Man, looking back at my drawings up there, the wheels just look plain ugly.:P Thanks anyway Frikkie. I shall practice more on the wheels to make them appear more like tridimensional.

Leave a comment:

• Lions
    replied
    Hey Frikkie.
    Thanks for taking your time to reply on this one.
    The LH744 was just a spontaneous drawing and the LH346 was a practice drawing. I tried using cotton to disperse the lead, but as you can see, it wasn't that good. But when you say sponge, can you be more specific about that, I know it's too much to ask, but can you provide a snapshot of your "tools", Thanks for the information though.

JP
    Hi there John
    Here is a snapshot

Now on the left you will see the two sponge's I use that is also for sharing (General) but the brush is for detail shading
    Hope it help, anything else do let me know

Frikkie

Leave a comment:

• Will_Power
    replied
    I have a picture of a painting, this one I did recently (I bet you can see the resemblance to my avatar). Before I have made better ones, that are bigger, and more detailed. Unfortunately those are in storage.

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Hi John

I use staedtler F, H, 2-3H, B, 2-6B pencils
    Get a paintbrush small, and sponge for shading
    The Lufthansa B744 is good just a little shading and darken the wheels to bring a three dimensional look
    When you draw you got to be bold try new methods all the time!!!
    hope this help abit

Frikkie

Hey Frikkie.
    Thanks for taking your time to reply on this one.
    The LH744 was just a spontaneous drawing and the LH346 was a practice drawing. I tried using cotton to disperse the lead, but as you can see, it wasn't that good. But when you say sponge, can you be more specific about that, I know it's too much to ask, but can you provide a snapshot of your "tools", Thanks for the information though.

JP

Leave a comment:

• Lions
    replied
    Are you using any special pencils?
    Do you have any suggestions what to buy?

Push back

I used normal schoolpencils. Sorry about the quality, I might redo the water salute details. Need to wash out the pencils a bit more. I still also need to darken the tailfin...

Water salute...
    Hi John

I use staedtler F, H, 2-3H, B, 2-6B pencils
    Get a paintbrush small, and sponge for shading
    The Lufthansa B744 is good just a little shading and darken the wheels to bring a three dimensional look
    When you draw you got to be bold try new methods all the time!!!
    hope this help abit

Frikkie

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    Nice Drawing there John if you have more post them
    Thanks
    Frikkie

Are you using any special pencils?
    Do you have any suggestions what to buy?

Push back

I used normal schoolpencils. Sorry about the quality, I might redo the water salute details. Need to wash out the pencils a bit more. I still also need to darken the tailfin...

Water salute...
    Last edited by MaxPower; 2008-03-24, 16:48.

Leave a comment:

• Lions
    replied
    I remember that A380, The first flight. It's on Airliners magazine. I was actually thinking about drawing that too.

That one is really good. Good making of the shadows. Like taken out from the front page.

Here's mine. Not as good as yours. I didnt had any erasers :P

Nice Drawing there John if you have more post them
    Thanks
    Frikkie

Leave a comment:

• Lions
    replied
    Originally posted by TC-JAV
    Beautiful drawings!
    Thank you
    Frikkie

Leave a comment:

• TC-JAV
    replied
    drawing

Nice drawing,too!

Leave a comment:

• MaxPower
    replied
    I remember that A380, The first flight. It's on Airliners magazine. I was actually thinking about drawing that too.

That one is really good. Good making of the shadows. Like taken out from the front page.

Here's mine. Not as good as yours. I didnt had any erasers :P

Last edited by MaxPower; 2008-03-23, 19:54.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X